Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 3 types of MrotatorH - what is the best? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-28-2007 at 10:22am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi everybody

I am about to order new equipment from Agnos to use with my new canon 5D ang sigma 8mm lense. I want to buy one of their MrotatorH to make elevated panoramas. Now I learn that they have 3 different MrotatorH poles:

MrotatorHD

MrotatorHS

MrotatorHC

Do any of you know what rotator is the best?
Best regards
Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on May-28-2007 at 10:59am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. we use the fiberglass tapered segments HD pole. This pole is telescoping. Means you pull out the inner section until it friction grips tight the next tapered section until all sections are extended.  The 5d weight is heavy.. but easily pushed up to full height.  The pole is light weight fiberglass.  Each section is "Pinned" into place so that it will not accidently collapse.

MrotatorHCarbon" Mrotator for "High" Panoramas
Carbon Fiber STACKABLE.

The HS and HC are stackable and the 5d is too heavy for this pole.  The HS is certainly too flexable at the top for the 5d weight. 

Stackable means you lift and place 1 section at a time on top of the lower section.  Stackables are good for light weight cameras.

After 1 year Canon 5d use, my choice would be the Fiberglass HD.  As for Rotator, you do not need one for the HD.  It has a built inside foot plate clickable rotator that works very well.  For the 5d I would use 3 or 4 shot click stops.  You will need some device like the Sigma 8 RingT to connect the camera to the top of the pole using a 3/8" diameter threaded screw

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-30-2007 at 3:41am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

Thanks for your comment.

Honestly I find it very difficult to know exactly what I should order from Agnos. I know they produce great rotators and everything else we need to produce high quality panoramas. I asked Agnos what they would recommend, and I got 4 suggestions and 9 links to follow. That is not very straight forward :o(

In order to make panoramas (not elevated) I think I will need:

KIT 4 - MrotatorTCPshort version
RingT8S...................180
Foot plate trip............ 15
MrotatorTCPshort.......255

Total........................450

And if I understand it correctly I will need this equipment in order to make elevated panoramas:

1 Kit MrotatorHDelta + RingT8S ( for Sigma 8mm) (photo and pano portrait and landscape)

MrotatorHD....................................275
      RingT8S.........................................180
      Foot plate trip..................................15
     Three38.............................................30
                                                       ------------
                             total                          500

This is what I believe I will have to order, but I will try to get it confirmed before I order, so I get it right the first time!

If you have any comments to the list, I will gladly hear about it.
Best regards
Morten Andersen 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by 360texas on May-30-2007 at 11:00am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

High resolution images you will get for sure with the 5d and Sigma 8. 

Maybe we should back up ... and ask this question  So WHERE and WHAT are you going to photograph>?>  INside, outside, residential, museums, national parks ?

Are you going to take 3 or 4 horizon + 1 zenith UP shot?   This will help us decide which Agnos equipment direction to go.

Suggestion, possibly best combination for common situations. This will let you take 3 or 4 on the horizon and 1 up zenith.

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W962570500000754993568078622&v_categ_lista=PR001-RINGT&v_cod_art_sche=RINGT8S

Kit 4 Mrotator TCP short with the RingT

And then for Elevated images -  use RingT and a "Three38"  directly to the top of the HD pole.  Take 4 + no top

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W962570500000754993568078622&v_cod_art_sche=MROTATORHD

Ask Agnos for cost for Three38 plug  3/8" dia.  It is the small adapter between pole top and bottom of RingT.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-31-2007 at 6:07am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

Thanks for your willingness to help me. That is very reasuring as I am about to invest a lot of money in new equipment (For me it is a lot of money)

I will use the Kit 4: 

To produce regular panoramas - just like I do with my nikon 8700 and fc e9 lense. I will keep taking 3-shoot panoramas (with bracketing of course).

I am currently producing all kind of panoramas. Indoor, outdoor, museums, houses, cars, specialy shops, attractions, restaurants and so on.

I will then order this equipment to produce elevated panoramas:

1 Kit MrotatorHDelta + RingT8S ( for Sigma 8mm):

MrotatorHD....................................275

RingT8S.........................................180

Foot plate trip..................................15

Three38.............................................30

------------

total                          500 

This is what I think I need, after my correspondence with Agnos. I know I am ordering 2 RingT8S but that is what they reccommend so I will not have to mount and dismount the RingT every time I have to produce elevated panoramas.

I expect to be able to produce elevated panoramas from 3 shots with this set up. I will most likely start producing both indoor and out door elevated panoramas with the pole.

Do you agree that what I just listed will be right for me?? Any advice would be appreciated before I actually put in the order - so I am sure I get it right.

Thanks in advance for your help Dave.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by 360texas on May-31-2007 at 11:04am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Your listed equipment for use with the new canon 5D ang sigma 8mm lens looks good.  I assume that you have only 1 Sigma 8 lens and will use it on both the pole HD RingT and Kit4 RingT.

We take 4 shots with the ringT and HD pole. Our older model pole turns freely does not have workable click stops. For me its easier to visually determine the 90 degree angles. 

Your new HD pole should have click stops for each 3 shots at 120 degrees.  You might verify the 3 click stop with Agnos.

Other than this.. I would proceed to order the Agnos equipment.  You will have excellent experiences.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-31-2007 at 2:20pm
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

Tahnk you for looking at my list. I will definately ask Agnos if the new poles have click stops. I assume they do.

I just got my canon 5D today, but I wont recieve the 8mm lense untill next week. If I order tomorrow (friday) i guess I will have everything ready during next week. Then I can use the weekend to study the user manual. I am switching from a nikon 8700 to Canon 5D so I have to start learning again :o)

Thanks for your help and your advice.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by 360texas on May-31-2007 at 8:50pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Go for the Agnos kit.described above and l think we can help you create some fantastic imaging. Looking forward to help you make your projects work !!!!

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-01-2007 at 10:39am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

I just got an answer from Agnos about the click stops. The pole have these click stops:

2x180 - 3x120 - 4x90 - 6x60

So I have just ordered the equipment  (as you can see I am very exited *lol*)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-01-2007 at 8:24pm
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

I just remembered reading about a piece of software to remotely control the canon 5D from your computer. I read about it on Photomatixs web page. You can find the program here http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/index.htm 

Using this it will be possible to take multiple exposures when shooting elevated panoramas.

I also like the idea that it is possible to automatically take up to 15 bracketed shots, AND automatically combine them with Photomatix!!

Anyone having any experience with this program please share your experience using it.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register