Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: How to make a photo with high quality Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by martinale on July-11-2007 at 11:40am
View martinale's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by martinale Search   Quote martinale Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
martinale
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-11-2007
7 Posts

Hi,

I would like to know what do I need to make a virtual tour in a fullscreen with a high solution? I have a coolpix nikon 8700 with a fisheye lens (2 shoots cylindrical panorama). When I see on fullscreen doesnt look like good. Whats the problem? The camera? The lens?

thanks

-------------
martin

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on July-11-2007 at 1:46pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Martin

First of all you will have to start shooting a lot more images then just 2. With the nikon 8700 and fc e9 lense, the minimum is 3 shots every 120 degree.

At every 120 degree you should begin bracketing so you have a lot of photos. Some under exposed and some over exposed. Then you should consider a program like Photomatix (find it here: http://www.hdrsoft.com/ )

After you have stitched you will have to run the final image through Photoshop to improve it.

You will get a long way by improving your skills, and it is actually possible to make full screen stuff with your set up. You can see one that I have made with the same set up here: http://www.wideeyes.dk/temp/politikken/folketinget.swf

My suggestion would be to start reading a lot of the posts in here and for your next investment you might consider getting some lessons from our trusted master Smooth who is an active forum member.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on July-11-2007 at 5:42pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Good reply comment   Wide-Eyes.  I was holding off answering this comment for a while.

Thanks

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on July-16-2007 at 3:15am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Thanks Dave.

Then I just hope that Martin can use the answer as well. Otherwise I assume that he will be asking for more help

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by martinale on July-17-2007 at 11:15am
View martinale's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by martinale Search   Quote martinale Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
martinale
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-11-2007
7 Posts

Thanks a lot for your explanation. I understand everything. Like Morten said I need more help from you guys.

Im going to make some investments for my equipment next week and I would like if you can get some suggestion for better camera, rotator and tripod. Today like I said I have a Coolpix 8700 (8megapixels). Does make some differency if I have a better camera? If yes, can you suggest one? I have a ipix rotator that is impossible to take 3 shoots. Can you send me a link where I can buy one that take more shoots? Today I use a Manfrotto tripod can I use the same?

Thanks a lot!!

ale

:o)

-------------
martin

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-09-2007 at 2:48am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Again

I am sorry for the late reply, but I have been away on holiday.

When you upgrade your equipment you shold consider either a Sigma 8mm fish eye lense or the nikkor 10,5mm lense. And you should also consider a new dslr camera. TO be able to help you better it would be great to know

1) What is your budget? (there is no need to suggest something that you can not afford)

2) What market are you targeting?? (eg if you have to do realtor tours youll need a set up that allows a quick workflow with few pictures, but if you target hotels this is so as important)

LEt me know and I will try to advice you in wich direction to go.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-13-2007 at 2:23pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Question for Wide Eyes and others that use the 8700. Do you shoot in Raw? If so how do you bracket with the 8700? Mine will not allow me to shoot Raw if I select bracketing. Even went so far as to read the instructions and it confirms that you can't do this.
Am I doing something wrong?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on August-13-2007 at 5:19pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

My Nikon 990 would not do raw but normal format yes, so I suspect your 8700 can too even with .NEF, but in a different work flow.

from Dpreview http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp8700/page5.asp

Exposure Compensation ... [+/-] button. Hold this button and rotate the command dial to select exposure compensation in the range of -2.0 EV to +2.0 EV in 0.3 EV steps. 

Manual Exposure

In manual mode you can select both shutter speed and aperture (switch between the two by tapping the MODE button). A value display on the control panel will indicate how much the image would be under or over exposed with a particular exposure setting as well as an on-screen exposure meter. Also, available in Manual Exposure mode are BULB exposures, with this, the shutter will stay open for as long as the shutter release button is held, up to a maximum of 5 minutes. *

Besure to determine and set the AWB white balance for the ambiant lighting.. cloudy, Daylight, Incandescent, flourescent

For shooting bracketing Nikon raw .nef's maybe your 8700 can not do "Automatic exposure bracketing"  AEB but have you considered taking Manual bracketing ?

I am really guessing here but rotate the dial to M or manual.  Set the camera to  aperture f/stop to read f/8. 

click stop 1

Dial the shutter speed to 0 [mid mark] for normal exposure on the EV scale take your first image.

-2..-1...0..+1...+2 
             | 

Dial the EV scale index mark to -2   or two stops underexposed. 

Dial the EV scale index mark to +2 or two stops over exposed.

Rotate the camera to click stop 2  Wash, rinse and repeat for click stop 3 and so on.

You are doing the same thing dSLRs can do with automatic exposure bracketing.. just alittle more finger work.

Are we having fun yet ???

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-14-2007 at 1:54pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks for the info Dave, In the nikon program that is required to process .NEF I can adjust the exposure + or - would this be the same as bracketing to get the best shot?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on August-15-2007 at 11:02am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Using 1 raw .NEF  and generating a TIF at normal EV,  same raw generating 2 more  - 2 and +2 exposure values? 

Hmmm if your .NEF is already exposed properly.. why split it into 3 images and then recombine them back into a single image again?

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register