Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: Canon 5D, sigma 8mm and Agnos TCP short Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-21-2007 at 7:39am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

I got this set up with a RingT and I am having problems with finding the right settings. I get a lot of stitching problems.

Please look at http://www.wideeyes.dk/tours/fullscreen/park/park.html and youll see the problems I am experincing.

To find the right NPP I have tested my set up for serveral hours by moving the Ring T back and forward on the tripod. I keep the tripod the exact same place so I can compare the results. But I just cant get it right. I shoot 4+t

How have you guys manage to find the right NPP? It is driving me craaaaazy!!!

I hope someone can help me.

Best regards

Morten 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on August-21-2007 at 9:51am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok,  You are using a Canon 5d, Sigma 8, Agnos TCP short with the RingT.   I need to make this a tutorial anyway.  So today I will try to get it finished.

I see most of he stitch issue are in the top 30% of the stitched image. Yes you need to find the NPP.  In the mean time try stitching 1,2,3,4 only.  Do not use the +T Zenith up shot.  See if that helps.

I really like the resturant ...  full screen... and high quality musical arrangements.  Lots of 'Class'.  MUST fix those upper windows and ceiling !

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-21-2007 at 2:50pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave.

Yes I take 4 shots around and one up. Actually I wanted to just take 3 shots like with my old coolpix 8700 and fc e9, but I had difficulties getting the "roof" included. (this was the same problem with 4 every 90 degree)

Most of the scenes are stitched with 4+ zenith but the "Cigar Lounge" scene is actually stitched with only 4 images.

Could you please post a link to the tutorial you are writing?? It would be a great help.

Thank you for your help so far.

BEst regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by 360texas on August-21-2007 at 4:10pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. Here is a quick explanation.  PDF report will be available next day or so.  But essentially will say the same thing written below.

First you need to set the lens switch from auto focus to Manual focus.  Then move the focus ring to infinity.  Next I placed a piece of cello tape over the focus ring and lens housing to keep the focus ring from moving off point.  This combination of F/8 and focus at infinity provides the Sigma 8mm (both f/4 and f/3.5) to have maximum depth of field from 4" infront of the glass lens to infinity - ALL is in focus.

Next I set the mode dial to Av [Canon 5d aperature priority].   This allows the camera to determine the necessary shutter speed.

This photo shows the RingT attached to the 3/8 Plug. Next I will need remove the 3/8 Plug and attach the the ringT with Rotator base  installed directly to the tripod.  The photo is a bit fuzzy but sort of show where to first mount the lens.  Note the lens focus index mark is positioned on the 90 degree index mark on the RingT.

This next photo is a composite of 3 images.  In the center image notice I have placed the lens frensel center focus box [] over the top of a front stick.  In the background see another stick [broom handle].  So now we have 2 sticks.. one point in front of the lens 10cm (4") and one point 3 meters (about 10') behind.

Rotate the lens 40 degrees left and the two points do not move.  Rotate the lens 40 degrees right and the two points do not move.  IF EITHER point moves off center even by a hairs width then you must gently loosen the RingT and wiggle the lens either forward or back - tighten and retest 40 to left and right.  When finished neither the front or back point will move off center.

ADVANCED USERS

Move the mode dial to (M)anual.  Set the f/stop to f/8. 

Click stop 1, 
rotate the EV slider to 0 normal take image 1.  move the slider to -2 EV take image 2 underexposed,  move slider to +2EV take image 3 overexposed.

Clickstop 2
rotate the EV slider to 0 normal take image 1.  move the slider to -2 EV take image 2 underexposed,  move slider to +2EV take image 3 overexposed.

Clickstop 3 and/or 4 repeat.

In Panoweaver 5,  LOAD ALL 9 [3 click stops] or 12 [4 click stops]  image sets and process as HDR.

I think you will be surprised at the results.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Borre360 on August-21-2007 at 4:22pm
View Borre360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Borre360 Search   Visit Borre360's Homepage www   Quote Borre360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Borre360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
August-21-2007
1 Posts
Hi Morten,

I use a Canon 5d with a 8mm Sigma too. I prefer using only 3 shots around ( the fullframe with a 8mm fisheye gives you more than enough overlap with only 3 shots) using 4 shots around got me also into stitching problems !   
And when tilt the camera a few degrees up, you wont need a zenith shot! ( gives you a slightly bigger hole at the Nadir..)

I used the combination 5d with sigma 8mm for my digital greeting card, the panos at the beach were done handheld, the panos near and in the caravan were done with only 3 shots around . ( nodal ninja and tripod)
http://www.wouterborre.nl/projects/panorama/ZeelandVT/WouterBorre_Zeeland.html

Message posted by 360texas on August-21-2007 at 4:38pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Exactly Borre360.  By tilting the lens UP 5 degrees will close the zenith pin hole but will make the nadir square slightly larger.  We typically place a nadir 360Texas logo patch.  Panoweaver calls this image nadir patch a "Floor" image.

Enjoyed your Postcard - was a quick holiday to the Netherlands.  Thanks

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-22-2007 at 3:37am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi guys.

Yes I have also hear others telling that you should just tip the lense up a couple of degree. ok perphaps I am not the most logical person, but could you explain how this is done? (it is almost enbarrassing to ask) When the camera and lense is attatched to the RingT - then I can't see how I should be able to tilt it 5 degree. I know I can tilt it in 15 degree intervals, but I can't figure out how to just tilt it 5 degrees..........   

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by 360texas on August-22-2007 at 9:19am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Loosen the RingT then tilt the lens up a little bit, tighten it.  The lens will be on a small skew.  You might run the risk of corrupting the NPP if you tilt too far up.  An alternative technique would be to cube your stitched image, edit clone out the hole, convert cube back to sphere.  The latter might be easier. 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by jamesot on August-22-2007 at 7:23pm
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts
I have a canon 1ds Mark II and sigma 8 3.5 lens. I'm using the Agnos MrotatorTAS.  I'm shooting 3 shots. I have tryed the 5 deg tilt but can't get pano weiver 5.0 to stitch correctly unless it's perfectly level.  If I tilt up it misaligns some of the floor.  I can get flawless stitches out of PTgui 7.2 using the same pictures tho.  Is there something I have set wrong in PW5.0?

Message posted by eudanck on September-12-2007 at 12:59pm
View eudanck's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eudanck Search   Quote eudanck Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eudanck
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
September-12-2007
8 Posts
What wrog in this pano ? http://www.calibred.com/testep

i make 2 SHOTS ! Its possible ? I have canon 5D and 8mm sigma and dont have the suport of ninja, olny trypod.

Help me please !!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register