Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Which Camera To Get Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daugaard47 on August-28-2007 at 4:40am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Ok guys, I finally have enough money to blow on a new setup. I am going with a Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye lens. My question is what camera should I go with. I would like to get the Nikon D200, but its a $1000 out of my price range. I have been looking at the D80 seems like the plastic version of the D200. Then I have also been looking at the D70s. I just can't make up my mind. The D70s and the D80 both look similar in pano quality. I want to be able to do Time Lapse , bulb photography as well as use it for my panos. I would like to get some opinions form you guys as to what camera you would go with.
After reading some of the Nikon posts posted by G.Lee The one that stands out the most is "You will only get about 100,000 exposers before the camera's shutter needs to be replaced." Beings the D70s is an older camera and I would probable have to buy it used, I have been leaning toward the D80.
I would love to hear some advice on this.
Thanks,
Chris

Message posted by smooth on August-28-2007 at 11:53am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I'd buy a Canon

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by daugaard47 on August-29-2007 at 1:57am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Thanks for the great advice smooth

Message posted by 360texas on August-29-2007 at 10:09am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
I'd buy a Canon - any dSLR Canon.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on August-29-2007 at 12:20pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by daugaard47 on August-29-2007
Thanks for the great advice smooth

Well what did you expect! LOL

Really it doesn't matter, buy the best you can afford. Canon make full sensor DSLR's Nikon don't. Canon win!

I have seen many nice Nikon panoramas and even the D40 is up to speed. If you are buying secondhand I wouldn't buy anything to old unless you know the true shutter count.

Sites like DPReview and Steve's Digicams cover all you would ever need to know.

Why do you want a Nikon DSLR? You seem convinced....

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by daugaard47 on August-29-2007 at 4:02pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
I guess I'm going off the WWP. Seemed like for years everyone was using the Nikon D70 w/ 10.5mm lens   Out of all the panoramas I viewed, that combo looked the best to me.

Keep in mind I'm not bringing the Nikkon D200 or the Canon 5D into this Because there are out of my price range.

If the Nikon D80 is the new D70 and a plastic version of the D200, Sounds like a killer camera. To be honest I don't know that much about the Canons. I guess the canon 20d was like the nikon D70
and the new canon 40D is like the Nikon D80

Show me some good quality panos of a canon with a 10.5mm and I might change my mind.

Thanks,Chris

Message posted by pixelator on August-30-2007 at 3:32pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Hey daugaard47,

Have you made the purchase on the Nikkor 10.5 yet?  If you have not purchased this lens yet, I would also recommend the Canon.  Canon has the 40D available to purchase and ship early next month.  You also have the option of the Rebel, which is what I use with a Sigma 8mm fish eye.

I am by no means a pro at doing panos, however I am getting better and getting some paying business.

Click Here to see panos shot with Rebel (350D) and Sigma fish eye.

Good luck to ya,
Pixel

Message posted by daugaard47 on August-30-2007 at 5:56pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Those are nice Panos, but I still like the 10.5mm better ,I guess its just my taste. I did look at the 40d ,but was little to pricey for me. I ended up purchasing the Nikon D80 Found a nice deal
      Thanks,
            Chris

Message posted by smooth on August-31-2007 at 12:56am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Chris,

Great news on your purchase. We now all wait to see your superior Nikon/10.5mm panoramas.

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by daugaard47 on August-31-2007 at 6:02am
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Oh, come on. I'm not saying I think Your canons/sigmas are bad.
Or that Nikon/10.5 are superior. I'm just saying it's what I prefer.Judging off of the samples. I haven't even used the camera yet. It should be hear later today.It will be my first time using a DSLR, I will post as soon as I get everything situated. I just wanted to get the most bang for my buck and the D80/10.5 was it for me.If it turns out I'm Wrong I will admit my mistake, sell it and give the canon/sigma a shot ,but I have faith in my New Setup. Maby later we can have a panoramaOff LOL

Thanks,
                 Chris

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register