Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: AGNOS new website Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on September-18-2007 at 2:35pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Agnos has a new website and new products.

Check it out www.agnos.com manufacturers of quality panorama heads.

The new MrotatorU looks a very nice item with click stops on both vertical and horizontal arms. The new Rotator T base is a ripper with more definite click stops and more click stop options.

Online shopping cart should make your buying experience a whole lot easier also.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on April-07-2008 at 3:27am
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts

Smooth,

Just a quick question, I'm about to purchase a pano head to be used with a Nikon D200 w/10.5 lens, and from everything I've read and researched, it looks like the MrotatorTCPshort is the way to go.  Just wanted your opinion on this and to ask if you've used this combination.

Thanks in advance,
Donald Hill
don@WorldYachtTours.com

Message posted by smooth on April-07-2008 at 4:22am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Donald,

Yes, that would be the correct Panohead. Maybe one step better is the Kit Head 3 which is basically a MrotatorTCPshort with RingT lens grip instead of standard camera mount vertical/upper arm.

Either way awesome set up.

I have a Nikon D40X with Nikkor 10.5mm fitted to a MrotatorUT but also have a RingT to suit the MrotatorTCPshort should I want to remove my Canon gear!

Any questions - just ask away.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on April-10-2008 at 2:47pm
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts

Thanks Smooth, that's the confirmation I was looking for.  I like the idea of the RingT so as to be able to just disconnect the camera and shoot with another lens, but the price difference between the TCPshort and the Kit Head 3 (what with the exchange rate), puts it out of my current reach.  I presume that the RingT can be bought and used on the setup at a later date.  BTW, what are customs fees like on the TCPshort after ordering it?  Thanks again, and I'll be sure to mention you when I purchase it.

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by smooth on April-10-2008 at 3:50pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mate, you can add the RingT at anytime so that is good.

I don't know too much about US Custom fees being Australian but I haven't heard anyone ever mentioning it on a single item under $1000USD (might be wrong though!)

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-11-2008 at 7:50am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I ordered from AGNOS a few months back and didn't pay any duty fee's.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Thatone1785 on April-11-2008 at 5:01pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
This was a much needed step for agnos - Glad to see this. I'll be ordering from them again soon.

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on April-11-2008 at 7:46pm
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts
Well, I know someone that ordered one of those heavy duty, over priced machined pano heads for about $1000 after the exchange rate, then after it was shipped he got hit with like a $40 customs fee from UPS after it was delivered.  Maybe it was the price of the unit...  It's nice and all, just not adjustable, and way heavy. But easy to work with.

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by smooth on April-12-2008 at 2:21am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes well, there is absolutely no need to waste money on those way overpriced panoheads that you mention and this is why they would have copped customs duty because of the amount of money involved. The biggest problem with UPS and FedEx is that they have their own fee collectors (at least in Australia) so it is better to have items delivered by post.

For those who wish to spend big bucks on equipment buying a panohead with lens grip is far superior then those with camera mounting. Mark my words, soon you will see the overpriced manufactures offering them and then telling all their old customers that we have found a better way!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register