Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: A, B, C suggested equipment list Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by chapt0r on April-29-2008 at 11:25pm
View chapt0r's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chapt0r Search   Visit chapt0r's Homepage www   Quote chapt0r Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hello,

Long time tourweaver and panoweaver owner, though I really haven't taken advantage of panoweaver I believe. Currently I am shooting tours with a One shot 360 lens, Rebel Xt, and dumping those into Tourweaver. This has worked out well, but sometimes i am frustrated with glare, or the quality of the tours. I am sure this has been asked, but what would be the "professional" suggested equipment list?

i.e.
Camera Model
Fisheye or one shot
Tripod
Pano head?

If you have a formula that is working for you let me know and we can swap stories and in the morning I am making waffles! ;)

Appreciate the advice, links,help or banter.

:)

Chap

Message posted by smooth on April-30-2008 at 4:15am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

G'day Chap,

Your biggest issue will be the one-shot lens.

The Canon Rebel XT 350D is a very adequate camera and needs only to be mated with a good fisheye lens like the Sigma 8mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye or Sigma 10mm f/2.8 Full Frame Fisheye.

Mount this on top of a Nodal Ninja 3 MKII or Agnos MrotatorUM and set the correct camera/lens position to rotate around the NPP (Non Parallax Point) and your in business.

There are of course many options for camera bodies and lenses but in the main they are do similar jobs.

Tell us what you really want to achieve and how much money you wish to part with and I'm sure we can come up with a good selection for your to choose from.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by easypano on April-30-2008 at 4:37am
View easypano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by easypano Search   Quote easypano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
easypano
Forum Admin
Forum Administrator

April-23-2002
207 Posts

FYI, please refer to the compatible equipment list at http://www.easypano.com/pw5-equipment.html.

Message posted by chapt0r on April-30-2008 at 8:14am
View chapt0r's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chapt0r Search   Visit chapt0r's Homepage www   Quote chapt0r Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks smooth for the suggestions, and admin for the link. I was unaware of that link.

Sure thing the end result I am looking to achieve is a higher resolution tour that allows for cleaner zoom-ins, less blown out windows(from light). I am willing to fore-go a longer production time to increase the quality.

Currently the budget is around 3-4 thousand USD.

Appreciate the help, and looking forward to getting my hands dirty with panoweaver finally. :)

Message posted by smooth on April-30-2008 at 3:16pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Chap,

For the money your talking I would be looking seriously at a Canon 5D with Canon 15mm Fisheye lens. OR the Nikon D300 with Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye Lens. The Canon has a full size sensor and is what I use personally. The Nikon D300 has a wider bracketing feature but is still a APS-C small sensor with a 1.5x crop factor.

I would then be looking at the Agnos MrotatorTCPS or the Nodal Ninja 5L Panohead quickly followed by a new quality tripod like the Velbon Sherpa 650 series or maybe the Manfrotto 055XPROB.

If I was to have any money left I would be buying a Sigma 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye lens for the times when moving objects were a factor.

Learning and using bracketing is the answer to the window blow out issues. Not to mention learning how to use the camera in full manual mode.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on May-22-2008 at 12:31am
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts

Smooth,

Don't mean to butt into this thread, but I noticed you kept mentioning the NN5(L) and the Agnos TCPShort.  From what I can see, the NN5L kit will set me back right at $400 + tax and the TCPShort will set me back about $500 + tax.  Is it worth paying the diff. or are equal results possible, and build quality eqitable?  Thought I'd ask you as you seem to have the voice of experience and wisdom here on the forums! 

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by smooth on May-22-2008 at 4:39am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Donald,

Either would be perfectly acquaint for the job. I own and use both and can fully recommend the products and customer service. The Agnos has the advantage "if" you add the RingT to it.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by chapt0r on June-17-2008 at 10:43am
chapt0r
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-19-2007
44 Posts
Hey guys,

A little bump on this thread, as I am finally looking to make the purchases after a bit of research and holiday of course. ;)

What is the major differences between the Nodal Ninja 3 or 5L? From the site I see it is a matter of size?

Appreciate the help from the community.

W

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register