Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Agnos Pole Users Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on December-29-2008 at 4:13pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Thinking of getting the "Big Agnos Pole" and wanted to hear some feedback before purchase.

Do those of you using the pole like it? Would you buy it again? Can you share some examples?

I will be doing some pano work for my church in the coming months. The pastor asked me about doing the sanctuary with or with out people. With out people I think I would be fine using my tripod. With people I think it would be beneficial to use the pole.

Not sure I need to go with the longest, as it is pretty pricey Not sure that I would even use it again after the sanctuary job?

Just want to hear from the pro's here if it is something you would purchase again.

Thanks guys,
pixel

Dave, I would love to see the inside of your church with the pole set up....is this possible for you to do?

Message posted by smooth on December-30-2008 at 12:13am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pixel,

Agnos has embarked on a new range of poles that I'm not familiar with. The poles I have are from their first release as I was a beta tester. The originals were made of fiberglass and the top of the range (then) carbon fiber. The system works well enough as I'm sure the later current releases would also.

You will not have a great deal of success stitching with Panoweaver though, as the pole do flex and sway around a bit meaning you will have parallax errors as well as yaw issue. That's not to say you won't get a result with Panoweaver the issue will become how to straighten the final panorama and how you will deal with the other movement that will happen. Personally I used PTGui to stitch these as it needs manual manipulation.

Can't say I have done all that much with them to be honest. I did quite a few early on until (whilst beta testing) I had the pole sections collapse and chop a good chunk of my left index finger out (not off) and I still bare the scar and occasional pain. This issue was later corrected with stop pins. Unfortunately for my finger it is too late.

I can't remember if I have any of them online. Hmm, maybe www.smooth360.com/2006/high was my demo sample from 2006.

I'm sure Dave will have something to show and Gary in England had some decent results also.

I also have done quite a few high-ish panoramas using an elevated monopod as can be seen in my 2008 Australia Day panorama.

I'm sure the need will arise for me again, I just have had so many different things going on in my life I have been side tracked. Buying from Agnos has always been professional and I wouldn't hesitate recommending the product or service.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on December-30-2008 at 7:22pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Thanks for the info Smooth

Sure hate to hear about your finger Thanks for beta testing though so my finger won't get hurt

Think I may have to hold off on the pole. With your information I would also have to use PTGui for stitching. Not to mention the cost of the pole... They are really proud of that thing!

Just don't how much I would use it?

Thanks again for the info.

From my family to yours, we hope you have a happy and blessed new year.

Best regards,
Pixel

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register