Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: New start on a budget Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by BazM on December-31-2008 at 9:53am
View BazM's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BazM Search   Quote BazM Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BazM
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-31-2008
1 Posts
Hi
I have been thinking about 360 tours.Unfortunately on a budget.

I have seen this camera Nikon D40 on Amazon 225.00. originally 440.00.
It gets good reviews but does not warrant a mention on this board.
I do not want to waste money on a camera that is not up to the task.

Also I have seen lenses that allow a 360 degree image with one shot,
but everyone here recommends fish eye lenses.

Confused.
Help most appreciated.
Baz.

Message posted by leescott on December-31-2008 at 12:46pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Welcome Baz

Check out this post

http://www.easypano.com/forum/search.asp?search=Nikon+D40&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=10&searchSort=dateDESC

It references some D40 questions, though a bit old 10/2007, but it should get you a starting point. Also read the forums "Smooth360, Pixelator, Realtor Jerry" will be a BIG help.

Good Luck in your new adventure

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by realtor jerry on December-31-2008 at 7:36pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi Baz and welcome to the forum. PLEASE stay away from the one-shot, but if you have to have one I have one for sale, camera, lens, adapter and everything needed. You can get fair results from a one-shot but trust all of us on this forum "you will want to upgrade" just as soon as you see the limitations of the lens. I'm not that familiar with the Nikon D40 and the compatibility with Easypano products. I think it should work fine, not sure if you would need the Nikon 10.5 or the Sigma 8 lens. Do a search on the forum and you will find tons of great information on equipment needed and recommended.
Please let the forum know what set-up you decide on before you purchase so the members can let you know the pro's and con's before you waste money...

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on January-02-2009 at 7:45am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

G'day Baz,

The Nikon D40 as an entry level DSLR is OK and can be used to make panoramas. You will need either the Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye or Sigma 8mm Fisheye. Don't bother with the One-Shot (unless you want to buy Jerry's!). Seriously you will find it's limitations real fast and will be wanting for more within days.

Understand the Nikon D40 is a limited camera (not in numbers) but in features. It doesn't have and bracketing feature. I once owned a Nikon D40x, I purchased it to help others who were using Nikon's but soon found it wasn't being used and all the people I was teaching were using superior models that had completely different menu structure and features. So I quickly upgraded to the D300.

Please ready this thread for alternate advise.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register