Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: XSI Best settings Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by eitada on January-27-2009 at 8:45am
View eitada's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eitada Search   Quote eitada Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eitada
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-07-2009
4 Posts

I now have my XSI. MrotatorUT, Manfrotto 190xprob and rc486 head. I was interested to know what camera settings recommendations I should start out with. I have this weekend to figure it out, then next week I have to do a couple of shoots.

I have to do a car dealership with some mirrors and a lot of glass windows, then a vetnary facility that has very little natural light and is all florescent tube lights.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Message posted by smooth on January-27-2009 at 9:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I will offer you some pointers but shooting panoramas of quality require more skill than you will know within a couple of weeks. Still, you should be able to get some reasonable results.

Things you need to do:

• Find your No Parallax Point (NPP)
  • Set camera to (M) manual mode
  • Set aperture to f/8.0
  • Set ISO to 100
  • Set White Balance to match the scene (Daylight, Shady, Fluro etc)
  • Meter the scene and find the "average" light and set your shutter speed based on the internal light meter. The center position is correct and looks a little like this in your view finder of LCD display. -2ev|--|--|+2ev
  • Set lens to (MF) manual focus
  • Find your Hyperfocal distance and set the focus to optimize this. If this is beyond you start with somewhere just short of the infinity marking on the lens.
  • Level your panohead at the number one 0 degree position.
  • Shoot position 1 and then rotate to position 2, 3 , 4 and if you are shooting a zenith shot and stitching with Panoweaver your should rotate +90 degrees whilst in position 4 and shoot. (and Nadir -90 if required).

Never use any "Auto" modes.

Shoot RAW format. If you don't have a RAW workflow and understanding still shoot RAW but also enable +jpg fine that way you will get the RAW image and a fine .jpg image.

Follow these instructions and you should be good to go. If all else fails at least you will have a set of RAW files I can look at and maybe correct to save the project.

Good luck and remember I offer "One on One" live paid professional tuition on all aspects of panorama making from buying, shooting, stitching, correcting and display.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eitada on January-27-2009 at 12:10pm
View eitada's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eitada Search   Quote eitada Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eitada
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-07-2009
4 Posts

Thank-you very much. I have had some tuition from a friend in Canada, however he was using a coolpix 5000, so was not sure how much difference I should expect.

Off to practice!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register