Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: Purchased D300 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by leescott on February-09-2009 at 8:00pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Yea!!! What else do I need?
Pano?
Tripod?
Already have Panoweaver and Tourweaver. I can't wait to start shooting.....

I see Realtor Jerry has the following
Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod

I am so excited. I was going for the Canon Xsi, but with Circuit City closing down I got 30% off the 300d and couldn't pass it up...... like a kid in a candy shop

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2009 at 1:47am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

G'day Lee,

You have confused me. You first stated D300 and than stated 300D

I'm guessing you mean Nikon D300?

If so well done it's a great camera. Also the Canon 300D is quite old now and not likely to be in any shops new.

You need:

• Decent tripod (Manfrotto, Velbon, Gittos etc) something very stable "without" a gear centre column
  • Panohead (We recommend the Agnos MrotatorTCPshort)
  • Fisheye lens (Sigma 8mm, Sigma 10mm, Tokina 10-17 Zoom or Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye)
  • Experience (Time)
  • Tuition (Contact me)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tbrusson on February-10-2009 at 4:04am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
If I may, in order to get all the informations required :
for the panohead you can also consider
- Manfrotto (for the panohead as well)
- kaidan (which does not seem to have a good reputation servicewise among some members of the forum)
- precision360

thierry

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2009 at 8:36am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Manfrotto panoheads are way too large and too heavy and too yesterday in design. Everybody who has ever owned one has sold it or wants to.

Precision360 have the worst service in the world and the most overpriced panoheads on the market. The most arrogant people in the industry (Google search complaints). Still, they are loved by their owners. That said, most have never own any other brand and purchased because they think money buys perfection. Really needs PTGui template for stitching (at least to get what they claim in their promotional speal).

Kaidan well I'll put my hand up. Their service to me was poor after buying a few panoheads and even when the owner (Jim Anders) publicly stated he would appease me he failed to even try. It simply was a whitewash job for the public. Simply not good enough in my book.

Nodal Ninja the one that hasn't been mentioned. Good product all round and well respected. Underlying their public perception is a company that from a business point of view you need to watch your back. Still, good product worth a mention and unless you are going into business with them all should be fine.

Panosaurus is a cheap plastic entry level panohead.

King Pano another plastic entry level panohead.

Jasper Engineering Single row and not suited to 360x180.

Agnos, supported us when nobody else bothered. Made affordable product and backed it up with good service even though they didn't speak English that well. Wide range, something for everybody.

Understand these are my personal findings, I have no control over what you purchase. I do though offer my opinion in good faith without financial reward and years of experience using pretty much all the brands listed either owning them or through borrowing them for evaluation from my tuition customers.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-10-2009 at 9:15am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I will second Agnos, I have purchased from them twice and great service and the product is top notch.
Don't forget to mention Smooth and they will give you a discount which should be enough to cover shipping. I think my discount was 10%.

Good luck and happy shooting.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by pixelator on February-10-2009 at 3:25pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Congratulations Lee on the D300

I will add to what Smooth and Jerry have already mentioned...go with the Agnos!

As far as the other items, we covered most of them in your original post.

Try to set the D300 down for a few moments and look over that thread

Congratulations brother,
bp

Message posted by leescott on February-10-2009 at 6:14pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Thanks All. I am excited and broke , but what's the saying "go Big or Go Home" .
I will heed all of your advice and got for the following:
Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye
Panohead (We recommend the Agnos MrotatorTCPshort)
Giottos MT9261 Tripod

Do I need A Hotshoe level?
And what is the Manfrotto Grip Head used for?

Appreciate you all.. and Smooth once I recover $$$ Shock I'll be contacting you for some training.

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by pixelator on February-10-2009 at 6:34pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Hotshoe level I would highly recommend...and the good news is that it's the cheapest thing you'll buy...

Manfrotto Grip Head will make your life SO MUCH EASIER. It is used to level things instead of having to adjust your tri-pod legs to make things level...it is a must.

Message posted by 360texas on February-11-2009 at 9:16am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ah... now you can mention dave @360Texas.com  to for an Agnos comfortable price adjustment.  We started doing this about a year ago and seems to be working well.

Just make sure that you tell Agno's what lens and camera you are using... Agnos will make recommendations - you make the final choice.  Need help is making a decision - we are always ready to help.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register