Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: Nikon p6000 and Nikon FC-E9 fisheye Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Vince on March-16-2009 at 1:37pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
As much as I would like to upgrade to a DSLR, there is no way I can afford it right now. I have been using a Nikon Coolpix 5400 with the Nikon FC-E9 fisheye and getting good results, but not good enough to go full frame.   The new Nikon p6000 is 13.5 mp Vs. the 5 mp of my Coolpix 5400. Agnos's makes a rotator and adaptor ring to fit the FC-E9 to the p9000.

So my questions are:
I know the FC-E9 is not as good a solution as a DSLR and something like the Sigma 8mm, but would this combination be 'good enough' for full screen tours?

Does anyone know if the camera can be rotated to the "Portrait" position on the Agno's bracket?

And finally, why does the adaptor ring have holes in it?

Found the answer to the last two questions.

Thanks

Vince

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-17-2009 at 9:37am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Vince, I have seen many full screen tours made with the FC-E9 lens that looked great. I think the biggest complaint with the FC-E9 was it is a "soft" lens.

PS: Why do they have the holes?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Vince on March-17-2009 at 10:24am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Hi Jerry,
The holes are for mounting the camera and lens to the bracket. The bracket supports everything by the lens adaptor ring so that the camera is not carrying the weight of the lens. you get metal screws for attaching the adaptor to the bracket, and plastic screws for plugging the extra holes. The extended slots in the bracket allow for fine tuning camera position in horizontal or vertical position.
All in all, I am impressed by how well thought out the kit is.
Vince

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register