Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Nikkor 10.5mm settings for D300 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by leescott on July-31-2009 at 5:28pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
What's the best settings for the D300 with the Nikkor 10.5 Fisheye Lense on the Mrotator TCS pano head? Just upgraded from the Sigma fisheye lenses today

Thanks Lee

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by smooth on August-01-2009 at 3:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Lee,

Follow this and post your results. If you get stuck or don't understand simply ask and I will do my best to get you through.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-01-2009 at 4:11pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hi Lee,

Mate, I don't want to upset you but it is out quite a bit.
I'm about to hit the sack so I can't guide you right now.

But, until you have a perfect circle and this includes the bubble level you still haven't optimised the NPP.

I would suggest you are tilting down a little more than required and from what I can see you are more than 1mm offset to the left on the lower rail. Meaning you need to stand behind the camera and move it say 1mm to the right and re-shoot and compare.

Keep at it, because you are on the right course.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-02-2009 at 12:43pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Closer Lee

You are getting closer!

Looking at this shot you need to move 1mm more to the right on the lower rail.

When you have it right you will have a perfect round circle and that bubble level will also look perfectly round. Those circular saw teeth showing on the outer black edge of the panohead and the same with the saw teeth of the bubble level will not be there. All will be round.

Best of all you won't have any stitching errors.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by leescott on August-02-2009 at 10:21pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh so close!!!
It got to dark inside on tile to do this one... so I went outside
Smooth I appreciate your help so much
Looks like I need to move the top forward 1mm or so???
close but no cigar you can zoom on the pano full screen for a better pic

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2009 at 1:09am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hi Lee,

Yes, you are getting a lot closer. I would say you pretty much have the lower arm position sorted. Though it might need a little revision after getting the top arm in place. I'm somewhat perplexed as to why one wedge is out of place?

If you could send me the .jpgs at 50% via a download I will stitch them up and see if I can spot anything.

Still, I would say this is as close as you have ever been to the NPP so good work.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by leescott on August-03-2009 at 5:29am
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Here you go
Click Here to dowload files they are zipped

Thanks Smooth

-------------
----

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2009 at 6:30am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Thanks Lee,

Seeing them makes my life a lot easier to help you.
Basically you are far too far back on the upper rail. With the panohead tilted -15 degrees down after you have taken a shot I wouldn't expect to see the bubble level in view at all. To get the upper rail position started tilt the panohead -15 degrees and see if you can position the camera on the upper rail until you split the bubble level in half.

Similar to this shot below.

Instead of what you have now (below).

What will end up being correct will look like this (still at -15 degrees below)

But to start with aim for image 1 (right.jpg) and we will work from there.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by leescott on August-03-2009 at 7:09am
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
OK will do when I get home from work. But i am at -30 degrees below. But I'll give it a go at -15 now that I'm on the right track

-------------
----

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2009 at 7:15am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
-30 degrees? I don't think I ever suggested that. We need to be playing the same game with the same rules otherwise it is far too confusing.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register