Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: Sigma 8mm f/3.5 NPP Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by clavi on November-09-2009 at 10:38pm
View clavi's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by clavi Search   Quote clavi Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
clavi
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
September-27-2009
9 Posts
Hi, may I know what is the NPP setting for the Sigma 8mm f/3.5 on Ultimate R1? Is the NPP on the golden ring of the lens? Thanks.

Message posted by smooth on November-10-2009 at 4:34am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
24mm @ +5 degrees

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by clavi on November-10-2009 at 8:28am
View clavi's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by clavi Search   Quote clavi Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
clavi
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
September-27-2009
9 Posts

What about 3-shot at 0 degree? Thanks.

Message posted by smooth on November-10-2009 at 9:56am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Pointless shooting at 0 degrees with an APS-C DSLR. You will end up with holes in both the Nadir and Zenith.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by clavi on November-10-2009 at 10:46am
clavi
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
September-27-2009
9 Posts

Hi, I am using a D700. So can I check if 3 shots is sufficient? Do I need to shoot nadir and zenith for FF dslr?

Also is there any documentation on how to derive the NPP for Ultimate R1? So for only found writeups for NN5. Thanks.

Message posted by smooth on November-10-2009 at 11:06am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Full size sensor and a Sigma 8mm will require 3 shots at 120 degree stops with +5 tilt.

24mm is the correct setting.
This is not guess work, I shoot with this combination often (albeit Canon 5DMKII).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on November-10-2009 at 11:35am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
FYI,

This is the link to the "official NNR1 list"
http://nodalninja.com/support/camerasettings.html

Take from it what you will. In my findings these quoted numbers are rarely correct or even close in some instances. But others seem to put up with them.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by clavi on November-10-2009 at 8:57pm
clavi
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
September-27-2009
9 Posts

Hi, I saw that link before posting. And u r right, the numbers seem weird... lol.

Yes, of course no guesswork. May I know why +5deg tilt is needed as opposed to using 0deg? Won't we lose the nadir portion if we tilt up?

Message posted by smooth on November-10-2009 at 11:30pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You lose only a small portion of the captured tripod/panohead which I'm sure you don't want anyway?

Most would usually patch/clone/heal this area to remove the tripod or place a tripod cap over the top.

Better to have a slightly bigger nadir hole then have holes in both Nadir and the Zenith.

Sample of the hole at the Nadir:

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by clavi on November-11-2009 at 2:38am
clavi
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
September-27-2009
9 Posts

Well I hv seen yr pano, it seems u had took a Nadir shot, instead of placing a tripod cap/logo.

BTW, could u share yr 0 deg settings? Thanks.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register