Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Which camera kit to get best image Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rawan on February-23-2011 at 3:31pm
View rawan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rawan Search   Visit rawan's Homepage www   Quote rawan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
Dear friends,

I am don't know exactly Which camera kit can give best panorama image with high quality and resolution in any time night or day have a good light or less. I need very high quality, could you please tell me which camera kit make good result also in best price.

Message posted by smooth on February-23-2011 at 11:29pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hello Rawan,

Your question asks for everything and then you finish with best price!

No matter how you look at it you are going to need a top end DSLR camera to meet your requirements. Your starting point will be a Nikon D7000 or Canon 550D. With a Nikon D700, Canon 5DMKII a step up to full frame. In between you have the Nikon D300s and the Canon 7D.

First you need to make up your mind Nikon or Canon. Second APS-C/DX sensor or Fullframe/FX sensor.

Once you have a camera you need to choose a lens. You start with how many shots you want vs the resolution required. This can be a fisheye lens from 4.5mm to 16mm. That requires as little as 2 shots to 17 shots to cover the sphere.

Or you can use a rectilinear lens requiring many more shots.

What's your preference?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

P.S: Even once you own the best equipment for the job you still have to learn how to get the most from it.

Message posted by rawan on February-24-2011 at 7:17am
View rawan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rawan Search   Visit rawan's Homepage www   Quote rawan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
Hi Smooth,

thanks you for your replay.

I know perfectly well that the professional requirements mean a higher price, but what I mean that all what I need is tools to meet my desires only in terms of quality panoramic images.

For example, visit this site:
http://www.lucaplacido.com/Virtual%20Tours/Indice_Virtual_tours.htm
http://helivision.se/panos/sto/nybroviken.html

you will see many pictures in my opinion, it is better, but there is excellent more its, how can I get such pictures or that are no less quality?!

I know exactly what all the requirements, I'm doing Panorama since more than 4 years but I always use the fisheye 180 to pick any two or three pictures, but keep the image quality are particularly bad in a few places lighting. I want solutions to portray the haven't few light places as well as when taking pictures in the evening? Is it good tools for that?

Do not worry about the prices but what I mean I want the best solutions to achieve my desires. so which camera kit and how many pics I need to do??... etc

thanks

Hate

Message posted by smooth on February-24-2011 at 12:04pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The links you posted and the tours within could be made with Canon 550D and Sigma 8mm, Samyang 8mm or Tokina 10-17mm. Nikon D5000 and  Sigma 8mm, Samyang 8mm or Nikkor10.5mm. These would be your starting options.

The more expensive models will be better with higher ISO and other useful features.

Personally I like the Canon 7D and the Nikon D300s in the smaller APS-C/DX sensor range. The Canon 5DMKII or Nikon D3s in the fullframe/FX size sensor.

What equipment do you use today?

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

Message posted by rawan on February-27-2011 at 8:42am
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
Thank you smooth regarding your help.

I think the equipment what you personally go on to get more best it's good for my Padget so. lets us take more explain regarding the best lens to do high quality panorama and how many pics could I take?!

My current tools is:

Nikon 5100 + ipix fisheye 180 + pano head simple to take 2 side pictures

Message posted by smooth on February-27-2011 at 10:18am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

DSLR cameras with smaller APS-C/DX sensor (Canon 550D, Nikon D5000 etc) work like this:

• Sigma 4.5mm Fisheye (3 rotational shots + nadir shot if required) Total 4 shots
  • Sunex Superfisheye 5.6mm  (2 or 3 rotational shots + nadir shot if required) Total 3 or 4 shots
  • Sigma 8mm Fisheye (4 rotational shots + nadir shot if required) Total 5 shots
  • Samyang 8mm Fisheye (4 rotational shots + zenith shot + nadir shot if required) Total 6 shots
  • Sigma 10mm Fisheye (6 rotational shots + zenith shot + nadir shot if required) Total 8 shots
  • Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye (6 rotational shots + zenith shot + nadir shot if required) Total 8 shots
  • Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye @10mm setting (6 rotational shots + zenith shot + nadir shot if required) Total 8 shots
  • Canon 15mm Fisheye (Two rows of 8 rotational shots + zenith shot + nadir shot if required) Total 18 shots.

Each jump up in lens millimeter size also gets you more resolution. The small 4.5mm/5.6mm Fisheyes you will most likely find too low in resolution. But still a major upgrade from the Coolpix/iPix combo.

I'll leave the fullframe/FX options until you decide on what step in level you are going to make.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rawan on February-27-2011 at 11:58am
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
Great, what I understand now from last replay that's I can upgrade the resolution to more best by same my camera (coolpix P5100) but with other lens such as (Sigma 10mm Fisheye)! is it right?

also please I give you a green line :) to go on DSLR and with fullframe/FX options. could you please explain what I can benefit from those kind best than current tools I have and when may be the DSLR camera I must to use to do best panoramic photo?

thx alot

Message posted by smooth on February-27-2011 at 1:16pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You cannot use DSLR or SLR lenses on a Coolpix.

These are real lenses not converter lenses via adapters.

Fullframe cameras like the Canon 5DMKII, 1Ds MKIIII etc and Nikon D700, D3s etc:

• Sigma 8mm Fisheye (3 rotational shots + nadir shot if required) Total 4 shots
  • Canon 15mm Fisheye (6 rotational shots + nadir shot if required) Total 8 shots
  • Nikkor 16mm Fisheye (6 rotational shots + nadir shot if required) Total 8 shots

It is also possible to modify certain APS-C designed Fisheye lenses to be used on a Fullframe sensor camera. The modification requires the removal of the sun petals/hood. Popular conversions are to "shave" a Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye, Sigma 10mm Fisheye, Samyang 8mm Fisheye and the Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye. These three can then complete a sphere with (3 rotational shots + Nadir if required) 4 shots.

Personally I think best value is the APS-C small sensor 18mp camera body with a 10mm/10.5mm lens (or Samyang 8mm) shooting 6+2 type panoramas. You get great resolution and a lot of bang for your money.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by rawan on February-27-2011 at 5:44pm
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
could you please provide me the camera model exactly in APS-C small sensor 18mp camera body? so I don't know which camera best I go on?

Message posted by smooth on February-27-2011 at 11:16pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

In order of best models down.

Canon

• Canon 7D = 18mp
  • Canon 60D = 18mp
  • Canon 50D = 15.1mp
  • Canon Rebel T3i/600D = 18mp (released soon)
  • Canon Rebel T2i/550D = 18mp
  • Canon Rebel T1i/500D = 15mp

Nikon

• Nikon D300s = 12.3mp
  • Nikon D7000 = 16.2mp
  • Nikon D90 = 12.3mp
  • Nikon D5000 = 12.3mp

Read about all models at www.dpreview.com or www.cameralabs.com

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register