Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: what do you think about... Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by don_pancho on May-14-2011 at 7:49am
View don_pancho's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by don_pancho Search   Quote don_pancho Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
I have two question
1) have a pentax kx i don`t know what i should buy
   TAMRON SP AF 10-24 mm f/3,5-4,5 Di II LD (IF)
it cost 485
is that a good option for 360 photo?
or it is better a samyong fisheye?
i would like a good quality (but not too expensive of course)

2) if i buy tourweaver 6 professional and next year i want a new version ;i have to pay like first time? or i only pay for an actuality

sorry for my english
thanks a lot

Message posted by smooth on May-14-2011 at 1:13pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

1) Pentax 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye http://www.dpreview.com/news/0512/05120103pentax_fishizoom.asp

Also known as the Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye for other brands. It is a fullframe fisheye and you will need 6+2 images @10mm.

2) You pay an upgrade price for major version releases. Not full price again.

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

Message posted by don_pancho on May-16-2011 at 1:07am
View don_pancho's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by don_pancho Search   Quote don_pancho Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
thanks a lot
but i think tokina is a fisheye.Isn`t it?
do you think that a tamron will be better for quality?
and if you think tokina will be for me that what i will buy
the proble is that with tokina we have the same problen with images i mean 6+ 2 images (that two images)
if i buy tamron 10 24 mm i will need more than 6 images( and the 2 images more of course) but don`t you think that the quality will be better because tamron isn`t a fisheye
and i don`t know if you understam what i mean; sorry for my english.
thanks a lot

Message posted by smooth on May-16-2011 at 3:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Tokina 10-17mm has a Portrait HFOV of  91 degrees @10mm

The Tamron 10-24mm has a Portrait HFOV of *60 degrees @10mm

To gain enough stitching overlap you will need to shoot 8 rotational shots with the Tamron and then to gain enough VFOV overlap you will have to shoot these rotational shots of 2 rows meaning you will end up with 16 shots + Zenith and Nadir shots 18 in total.

Sure you will get higher resolution over the 6+2 Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye shots but it's 18 shots vs 8 shots.

*Remember you need 20 to 30% overlap.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by don_pancho on May-16-2011 at 4:53am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
THANKS A LOT
so i am looking for tokina 10-17mm for pentax
i saw it for nikon ans sony
i will look for it better
thanks a lot

Message posted by don_pancho on May-16-2011 at 5:09am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
tokina doesn`t work for pentax (10-17mm) so i think i will buy pentax 10-17mm (too expensive).
Could you tell me if i buy pentax i will need only 6 shots + 2?

Another question; always pentax 10-17 mm will be better tnan a fisheye like peleng o samyang ; isn`t?
thanks a lot

Message posted by smooth on May-16-2011 at 5:44am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Because you have a Pentax camera body you MUST buy a Pentax 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye.

But for all others reading who may have a Nikon, Canon etc the Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye is the same lens.

Yes, 6+2 shots to complete a sphere in the usual shooting method.

6x rotational shots at 0 degrees tilt, @60 degree click stops. 1x Zenith shot +90 degrees. 1x Nadir shot -90 degrees.

A better method of shooting would be:

6x rotational shots at -10 degrees tilt down, @60 degree click stops. 2x Zenith shots at +70 degrees tilt up, @180 degrees opposed. 1x tilted tripod offset Nadir shot to cover tripod position. 6+2+1

The Pentax/Tokina is a great fisheye lens with better attributes then that of the Peleng. First it has electrical contacts, so it does communicate with the camera. The Zoom is also a great option, allowing you to shoot higher resolution if needed (of course it will then require more images to cover the sphere). Second it produces an image with less lens flare and is superior with Chromatic Aberration. Third is that you will get correct EXIF data written to the image.

The Samyang 8mm fisheye is also a fine fisheye and far better than the Peleng. But it is a full manual lens with no electrical contacts. You must set everything manually and no aperture information is passed onto the image EXIF data.

Your best option for the Pentax is the Pentax 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye as I recommended in my first reply.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by don_pancho on May-16-2011 at 6:25am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
thanks a lot

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register