Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: New D3 need help with periphals & Setup Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by leescott on November-11-2011 at 6:31am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Just upgraded to a D3 and I want to get a new Pano head or can I use with it. I want to keep the D300 setup intact as a backup.

What lense do i need Nikkor 16mm?

Setup...

Do I go with the Ring setup?

I want the least amount of shots as possible. Can I get away with 3 and a Nadir?

Thanks for you help.

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by leescott on November-29-2011 at 8:27pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Well 've shaved the Nikkor 10.5 mm and am using the equipment I already have and can get by with 3 shots and/or 4 shots + the nadir

It was easy to shave the 10.5 and I get full frame from it. Amazing, still trying to get the nodal point (npp) but i'm close

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----

Message posted by smooth on January-07-2012 at 12:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Lee,

Congrats on your new camera. Welcome to the full size club!

The Nikkor 16mm fisheye would be the best choice for this camera but would require a minimum of 6+2 shots.

Shaving the Nikkor 10.5mm is a good option (as you have already done) but will not give the clarity or maximum pixel size of the 16mm. It really just depends on what you want out of it.

I'm guessing you have the NPP sorted now?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by leescott on February-09-2012 at 9:55pm
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Smooth,

Good to be back and see you back. I really need to get the NPP sorted out, I purchased the Agnos RingT for the Nikkor 10.5 and am setting it up. I'll get with you soon. And I'm going to get some more tutoring  with the Oleneo software soon...

Thanks Lee

-------------
----

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2012 at 1:00am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

No worries Lee,

It will be a great set up once fully sorted.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register