Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Sigma 8mm on Canon 5D Best setting! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by panozon on August-02-2012 at 9:36pm
View panozon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panozon Search   Visit panozon's Homepage www   Quote panozon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panozon
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-17-2012
35 Posts
Hi ALL

I have just purchased a camera canon 5d Mrak 2 & a Sigma 8mm fisheye lens to do a high duality panorama.

but i am new in photography

i tried taking some photos in my room and the result was not bad but the lights has no good for looking at it :)

like this :

http://smallnotebook.org/wp-content/uploads/Bubble-Light.jpg

so please can you tell me what is the best setting? for the f-stop, aperture, ISO, and so on!

thank you.

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2012 at 1:14am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Sigma 8mm on a full frame camera (I.E full size sensor) is not ideal for maximum quality as you waste so many pixels to black. The best lens for this camera body is a Canon or Sigma 15mm Fisheye.

That said, the Sigma 8mm is best suited to an aperture of F/8.0. You always should aim for the lowest ISO possible 100ISO.

The camera should be set to (M) manual mode and so should the lens. But first you must fine the "Hyperfocal" distance to give you the clearest possible focus near to far. You can use a Hyperfocal calculator and test with a series of comparable shots.

Quality doesn't come from purchasing equipment alone. Understanding the equipment is where true quality comes from.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by panozon on August-03-2012 at 1:39pm
View panozon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panozon Search   Visit panozon's Homepage www   Quote panozon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panozon
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-17-2012
35 Posts
Tank you smooth for your reply,

Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-03-2012

You always should aim for the lowest ISO possible 100ISO.

But when i do that the shutter speed well be slow and that make the lights in the room became so fuzzy in the photo!

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2012 at 11:51pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

ISO is a trade off in all situations. The higher the ISO the more noise/grain is introduced to the image. The lower the ISO the quicker the shutter speed at the cost of grain. It is a balancing act. You run some test shots and find what is acceptable for you.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Wanonatabb on August-19-2012 at 8:59pm
View Wanonatabb's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wanonatabb Search   Quote Wanonatabb Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wanonatabb
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-19-2012
1 Posts
I have a Nikon Fisheye FC - E9 Conversion lense. I am not a photographer =    I need to know if anyone is interested in purchasing this item.

-------------
Wanona Tabb

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register