Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: sigma 4.5 mm lens for pentax Kx Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by don_pancho on September-28-2012 at 3:41pm
View don_pancho's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by don_pancho Search   Quote don_pancho Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
Hi; I would like to buy a sigma 4.5mm lens for my pentax kx; I think I will not have full circle with sigma 8mm.
What do you think about this lens un my aps-c.
Will I have good panorama?
I have a 10-17 mm pentax lens know; but it is too hard when I have to make a virtual tour with many places.
here you are link of lens:

http://digital-photography-school.com/sigma-4-5mm-f2-8-ex-dc-hsm-circular-fisheye-review

thanks a lot

Message posted by smooth on September-28-2012 at 9:39pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
The Pentax KX is an APS-C sized sensor.
The Sigma 4.5mm Fisheye will give a full round circular image.
A lot of the sensor area will be lost to black wasting pixels.
But this means you can shoot a full panorama with as little as 3 shots.
The final panorama will be inferior to that from the 10-17mm Fisheye in quality and maximum file size. You though, might find it an acceptable trade off.

The better choice in my eyes is the Sigma 8mm Fisheye.
Using this Fisheye on the APS-C sensor camera gives you a "drum" images. A lot less area is wasted to black and you will complete a full panorama with just one more shot. 4 shots rotational shots. You will also yield a larger maximum panorama image.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by don_pancho on September-29-2012 at 1:35am
View don_pancho's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by don_pancho Search   Quote don_pancho Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
ok i will buy 8mm thanks a lot; other cuestion is if it is better pay a sigma lens or samyang o peleng lens; I ask that because lens has to be in manual and not automatic mode focus; so it is the same...; other thing is that sigma lens is better than peleng leng so the final image will be better with sigma than with peleng lens. Is that true?
thanks a lot

Message posted by smooth on September-29-2012 at 1:46am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sigma 8mm f/3.5 version. Do not buy an older f4.0 version.

Sigma Fisheye is superior to Peleng in every way (except price!)

Yes, no need for auto focus (but still handy). Also when you have electrical contact with camera you pass on correct EXIF information.

Samyang make very good manual lenses. But no electrical contact with (most) of their range. Also no circular fisheye available (unless like me you have modified one). Typically Samyang fisheyes are 180 diagonal full frame (much like your 10-17mm fisheye).

The Sigma 8mm is the correct choice overall if you want to minimise the amount of shots on an APS-C sensor camera.

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by don_pancho on September-29-2012 at 7:37am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
thanks a lot; last lens i bougut was 10-17 mm pentax; and I would like to say it works very well; problem is that I have to make 9 shots for scene; I follow you how i should do four shots; here you are for link for everybody:
Click Here

Know, with this lens how should I make 4 shots? I mean degrees and the better position (like speed of shot and so on)

thanks alot

Message posted by smooth on September-29-2012 at 8:05am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
The Sigma 8mm on APS-C requires 4 rotational shots at 90 click stops with +5 or +7.5 tilt up. Import into Panoweaver as "drum" type images. You still will need to shoot an extra down/nadir if you wish to remove the tripod.

This lens is sweetest at an aperture of f/8.0
You need to find it's best hyperfocal focus position and once found, tape the lens so the focus ring no longer turns. I use small black PVC electrical tape.

4x rotational shots at +7.5 degrees tilt up, @90 degree click stops. No Zenith shot required. 1x tilted tripod offset Nadir shot to cover tripod position. 4+0+1

It is possible if greater detail is required to shoot a Zenith shot and stitch it in. But it is not a requirement to create a normal panorama. The +7.5 tilt up will close the Zenith star.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by don_pancho on September-30-2012 at 3:26pm
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
thanks a lot; so i will f3.5 version

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/8mm-f35-ex-dg-circular-fisheye-sigma

this is..

Message posted by smooth on September-30-2012 at 11:54pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Yes, this is the lens.
But do they make a lens mount for Pentax with this newer f/3.5 version?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by don_pancho on October-01-2012 at 12:13am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
i thinks so; I give you link; please, could you confirm me that this is the lens for my pentax kx?
because i see in the link that is is for a few pentax model but I dont see mine.
thanks a lot
I know I should ask them but I prefer you see link before askinf them, please.

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-Circular-Autofocus-Cameras-Includes/dp/B006GTWUNE

thanks a lot

Message posted by smooth on October-01-2012 at 1:52am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Pentax is NOT my specialty.

But I found a different listing for the Pentax K-x Sigma 8mm f/3.5
http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-Circular-Autofocus-Cameras-Includes/dp/B006GTWLS8
The bad news is that it is more expensive.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register