Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panorama2Flash

Subject Topic: spherical images Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Kent2Ben on September-18-2007 at 4:46pm
View Kent2Ben's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kent2Ben Search   Quote Kent2Ben Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kent2Ben
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
October-03-2006
40 Posts
Hello. Does pano2flash support spherical images or is it just cylindrical??

I have tried the program with some spherical and get a little twisted in the buttom and at the top (nadir and zenith).

Anyone who have tried with spherical images??

Message posted by smooth on September-19-2007 at 12:09am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think you have this back to front.

A spherical image is one that shows 360 degrees around and 90 degrees up and 90 degrees down = 360 x 180 this a 2:1 aspect where the image is twice as wide as it is tall (exactly).

Where as a cylindrical panorama is 360 degrees around and less than 180 vertical. Typically around 90 to 140 degrees. Say 360 x 110

Does Panorama2Flash support cylindrical images? Yes according to the product page on the Easypano website.

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by Kent2Ben on September-19-2007 at 1:07am
View Kent2Ben's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kent2Ben Search   Quote Kent2Ben Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kent2Ben
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
October-03-2006
40 Posts
My panos is spherical but when I use them in pano2flash they get distorted in the zenith and nadir :(
Thats my problem ... And then I thought pano2flash only had support for cylindrical.

If I load my spherical images as a cylindrical in "CubicConverter" they get distorted in the same way...

Smooth - have you tried pano2flash with a spherical image?

Message posted by smooth on September-19-2007 at 1:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

No I haven't because I don't a license key for it.

I figured you where using a cylindrical image and panorama2flash was projecting it as a distorted spherical.

I suppose I could try the trial. Can you please post a link to your version with the problem?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on September-19-2007 at 2:56am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, I just download the trial and ran a 4000x2000 spherical image through it and it displays fine (apart from the watermarks)

I also tested a cylindrical panorama and it also displayed well and as expected.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kent2Ben on September-19-2007 at 10:12am
Kent2Ben
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
October-03-2006
40 Posts
http://viewit.dk/u_5/u_5.html  <-- That is my output. Look at the zenith and nadir then you can see the distortion.... :(

Message posted by smooth on September-19-2007 at 10:30am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

That image appears not to be spherical.

Please post a link to the .jpg panorama image as you use in the program. If you don't want it public, please send me the link via private message.

Also what camera/lens you are using and what stitching program.

My tester can be seen here

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on September-19-2007 at 11:09am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, Thank you for the download link to your image.

As expected the image was not a true spherical image. 1995 x 997 Meaning it was not exact 2:1 aspect ratio. I resized your image to 2000x1000 and ran it through panorama2flash software and the result was correct.

Although your panorama image was "close" it was not 2:1 aspect ratio.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kent2Ben on September-20-2007 at 4:02pm
Kent2Ben
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
October-03-2006
40 Posts
Once more you have a solution :) Thx!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register