Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panorama2Flash
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Flash VR and QTVR differences Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by makman on June-28-2008 at 7:42am
View makman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by makman Search   Visit makman's Homepage www   Quote makman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
makman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-28-2008
1 Posts
I've noticed a difference between the Flash VR output and the QTVR, which maybe someone here can explain. I've outputted the same panorama as a QTVR (via a 3D program) and a Flash VR via Panormama2Flash and here are their URLs:

http://www.makltd.biz/arc/qtvr/VC14thVR3.mov

http://www.makltd.biz/arc/qtvr/VC14thVR3/VC14thVR3.html

I noticed that the Flash VR seems to have squashed and elongated the pano somehow. If you take both views around to the doorway under the cloister you'll see what I mean. The QTVR is correct, the Flash VR isn't. They were generated by a 3D program called Cinema 4D at 2496 x 768, which converts the image to QTVR after rendering. I also saved the pano image for use in P2F.

Many thanks,

Mak

Message posted by smooth on July-09-2008 at 3:41pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Image must be equirectangular 2:1 aspect ratio spherical ONLY.

That is: Exactly twice and wide as tall. 2500x1250, 4000x2000, 6000x3000 etc. If you cannot produce 2:1 image you should drop it on a 2:1 canvas and limit the tilt value. (not sure it's possible with Panorama2Flash as I don't have the program).

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register