Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panowalker
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: New Solution to Virtual Tour! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by easypano on September-27-2007 at 3:42am
View easypano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by easypano Search   Quote easypano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
easypano
Forum Admin
Forum Administrator

April-23-2002
207 Posts

Dear Customers,

Easypano is working on a new virtual tour solution for real walkthrough effect, which we call Panowalker. Just as its name implies, this solution not only makes you to stand at a point to view the room, but also enables you to walk through the panoramic scenes. Now the demo is available. Although it's still far from perfect, we would like to share it with you, our valuable customers at the first time.

Panowalker Demo

If you are interested in such an effect or want to say something about it, please don't hesitate to contact carol@easypano.com. To make the solution better and closer to your needs, any of your opinions and feedbacks are warmly welcome.

Best Regards,

Joe Rao

Message posted by smooth on September-27-2007 at 4:21am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Looks a very interesting prospect. It also appears to require quite a few panorama shots to achieve this result.

Done right it would be very appealing to high end properties.

I have seen the same basic thing shot with one-shot mirrors before and was always disappointed in the clarity. This looks much better and I'm sure in full screen would be a winner.

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by tbrusson on September-27-2007 at 4:44am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Looks great. It reminds me of google streets (kind of). It could make the virtual tour more attractive.

just a suggestion :
- it could be easier to navigate if the green point indicating the current position on the map could be dragged along the line without requiring to click on the arrows below the scenes)
- the path and the arrow could be on the scene itself as well (such as in google streets)

best

thierry

Message posted by Terry Nam on September-27-2007 at 5:23am
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts
Very interesting indeed. I would be interested to know the basics of how the tour was put together, the time taken and work flow compared with individual 360's in TW/PW and of course what equipment was used.

-------------
Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short

Message posted by rfh12002 on September-27-2007 at 12:41pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Looks very interesting. Would be a nice addition to your range and I'm keen on finding out more!

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by daugaard47 on September-27-2007 at 10:57pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Very cool. I wonder if you could also use it to do time-lapse? Might be something to think about Easypano.
                         Thanks,
                            Chris

Message posted by willie on September-28-2007 at 3:14am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

This looks very interesting. I guess there are about 25 separate panoramas in that sequence. I particularly liked the ability to walk through while viewing to one side. I would prefer to push or drag the little green button on the floor plan rather than the Forward/Back arrows. I look forward to seeing your progress as you develop this product.

Willie

Message posted by zxcvbnm on September-28-2007 at 4:01am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Yes being able to walk backwards as well is quite cool. First time I've seen it done with full sphericals.

But can't think if this catches on its going to take an amazing amount of work to take and stitch all the panos. And its going to be hard to claim individual ones are worth much when you are churning out tens of them for this. But then perhaps this is the unavoidable future.

Message posted by raketakutya on September-28-2007 at 8:26am
View raketakutya's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by raketakutya Search   Quote raketakutya Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
raketakutya
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hungary
July-16-2007
5 Posts

Hello Joe.

It is a very good idea, but:
I see it is based on 25 different scenes. It needs so much work to make 25 (or much more!) different panorama, with same white ballance, brightness, etc. I think is no procurer, who pay this high price for 15m walk. For me it is impassible to find effective demand for this method.
I hope other customers think it different! :-)

Csaba

-------------
Csaba -
www.3dvirtualistura.hu

Message posted by jamesot on October-02-2007 at 11:35pm
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts
I liked the look of it and the idea.  I do not like the controls to move it tho.  I feel that draging the green dot along the path and/or using the arrow keys on the keyboard to move it around would be better than the on viewer arrows.

-------------
RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register