Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  PTViewer Scripter
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Targets and text in wrong location Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rickdrew on December-05-2002 at 5:43pm
View rickdrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rickdrew Search   Visit rickdrew's Homepage www   Quote rickdrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rickdrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-05-2002
4 Posts

When I create my hot spots then view the results, the bulls-eye is above the actual hot spot - sometimes so far above that it's off the page - so it can't even be seen.  The hint text is also in the wrong place. But the hotspot itself is in the correct location! 

How can I fix this????

In this sample, the bullseye and text is about 1" above where the actual hot spot is!

http://www.rickdrew.com/usagym/usagymtour.html is where I have uploaded the project.  The site is not even close to done, but I want to get this debugged.

Thanks

-------------
Rick

Message posted by smooth on December-07-2002 at 12:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hello Rick,

Your problem arises because you are trying to use the PTVeiwer Scripter with a cylindrical panorama!

PTViewer Scripter is made for use with Spherical images e.g: 2 photo's stitched together using a "Fish Eye" lens. Typically a NIKON camera fitted with a FC-E8 fish eye apdaptor lens.

Although you can use cylindrical image with PTViewer Scripter the 'Hot Spot" feature will not work correctly.

Solution! Learn to manually insert your "Hot Spots" using the links and instructions offered at http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/ or get a Nikon Coolpix and the correct lens to make Spherical images for use in PTViewer Scripter.

Also you will need to reduce the file size of you panorama .jpg as your sample is way to large and took forever to download on my dial up connection.

Hope this help you understand!

Good luck with your ventures.

Best Regards, Smooth

Message posted by BillDrew on December-11-2002 at 12:13pm
View BillDrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BillDrew Search   Quote BillDrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts

I can think of two solutions:

1) pad out your image at the top and bottom so the aspect ratio is 2:1 and limit the vertical field of view such that the padding doesn't show.  This works just fine (http://www.tc.umn.edu/~horma001/tour/front.html for a first attempt) but makes for larger files and longer start times so I think it is better to

2) Make the hot-spot much taller and keep them near the center (top/bottom).  Just stumbled on this one so will have to experiment to figure out how far off they can be.  Seems not far, but I think it can be made to work in most situations.

It isn't just that the projection is cylindrical because the same thing happens with an equirectangular projection less than 180 degrees vertically.  I am surprised that PTViewer Scripter doesn't handle images less than 180 vert FOV - there would be a much larger market for the software if it did.

Rick - smooth is right, you do need to cut down the size of your images.  I gave up trying to see them.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register