Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  PTViewer Scripter

Subject Topic: PTViewer 2.7 L2 - wont work Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Gen. Lee on May-31-2005 at 5:03pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Friends,

I am having trouble getting PTviewer to work. I found this link from a post here: http://users2.ev1.net/~wufdog/PT/index.htm
I liked the added features so I downloaded the viewer and this is the one I am referring to. "PTViewer 2.7L2"

After this version would not work I then used the PTViewer version 2.5 from Panotools. This does the same thing.

Today I have updated my SUN JVM to Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_01-b08).

I was having the same problem before I updated but thought the update might fix the problem but it has not.

I have created a test shot stitched with PW 4.0. Created a test html file. I have put the JPG file, html file and ptviewer.jar in the same folder. I used the PTviewer2.7C2 test page to generate the applet param. This page is here:

http://users2.ev1.net/~wufdog/PT/ptviewertester/ptviewertester.htm

My html file is this:
------------------------------------

<html>
<head>
 <title>Untitled</title>
</head>

<body>
<applet id="ptviewer" name="ptviewer" archive="ptviewer26.jar" code="ptviewer.class" width="400" height="300" mayscript="TRUE">"
 <param name="mousehs" value="mousehs">
 <param name="getview" value="getview">"
 <param name="file" value="pano.jpg">
 <param name="bgcolor" value="00ff00">
 <param name="fov" value="100">
 <param name="pan" value="0">
 <param name="tilt" value="0">
 <param name="view_width" value="360">
 <param name="view_height" value="260">
 <param name="view_x" value="20">
 <param name="view_y" value="20">
 <param name="wait" value="wait/wait400x300.gif">
 <param name="barcolor" value="ffffff">
</applet>

</body>
</html>

-------------------------------------

The image works on the test page. You can use the Browse button on the right and test your own images. It works there. But when I copy the code and try it on my computer  the applet will not launch.

This is a great viewer. Fulvio Senore has added some additional interpolators that imporve the view a lot. I have been using MGI "live picture" with cubic formats but this version of ptviewer is much better.

When I launch the html file I get the little red x in the top left corner and a "applett viewer notinited" in the lower left info are of the browser.

I checked the java console and the following is reported:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_01
Using JRE version 1.5.0_01 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\WINDOWS

load: class ptviewer.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ptviewer.class
 at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
 at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
 at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
 at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
 at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
 at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
 at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\HOME\Master Clients\PW 4.0 test\test 1\publish\pt_viewer\ptviewer\class.class (The system cannot find the path specified)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.FileInpu

Message posted by 360texas on June-06-2005 at 2:10pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm good explanation.  It appears that the applet code is calling the java applet, and it can not find it.  That is what the little X means.

It appears that the above ptviewer filename is ptviewer26.jar.

applet id="ptviewer" name="ptviewer" archive="ptviewer26.jar" code="ptviewer.class" width="400" height="300" mayscript="TRUE

What is the filename for ptviewer that is on your server?

As I recall,  Fulvio Senore  uses filename called ptviewer2_7L2.jar

Whatever you call the ptviewer_XXX.jar in the applet id,  the file name must be the same name on the server.

In the applet code you could call the file  davesapplet.jar.  On the server it would look for a filename called "davesapplet.jar" to run.

And I think I am using Sun Java 1.5 .... build 1.5.0_01-b09

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Gen. Lee on June-06-2005 at 4:13pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Hi Dave,

I had noticed the .....archive="ptviewer26.jar".... part and I did change the file name but that did not work either. I double checked all file names and used the simplest code to test but nothing worked.

The wierd thing is it would not work with the standard ptviewer applet either.

The Sun JVM keeps generating an error "Ddelp has caused an illegal operation" when I close the browser after viewing a pano. This had been happening for some time even before this problem.

Just so happens I reinstalled window after having install problems with PW 4.0. I suspected this was a JVM problem. I unchecked the Sun JVM in the browser settings and used the Micosoft JVM and everyting started working.

I think I had a corrupted Micosoft JVM and the reinstall must have fixed that.

I also think there is a problem with the Sun JVM on my computer. I have Win 98. My systems is really wacked out. I have soooooo many programs installed and have unistalled many more. I think the whole registry is just wacked. My system works but I get a lot of "blue screen of death"  incidents. LOL

Anyway it is working now.

Thanks for the response.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register