Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  PTViewer Scripter

Subject Topic: Imagemaps with PTviewer Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daveosx on January-23-2003 at 4:32pm
View daveosx's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daveosx Search   Visit daveosx's Homepage www   Quote daveosx Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daveosx
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-01-2002
11 Posts
This may be a mute question but its late and I just first started using PTviewer today.
Is there an easy way to script image maps on a webpage to change the images being shown in PTviewer?

I know how to do it using flash and quicktime but one client of mine insists that the one website visitor keeps complaining about having to download quicktime and he wants his site to not need the quicktime plugin.

I love server logs when someone complains. I was able to determine the one website visitor's ip address and found that he had visited the site 15 times over a two month period each time entering the site on the VR tour and exiting to the Apple Quicktime page. After fifteen visits to the Quicktime page he still had the gall to complain about needing a plug in. The other 7342 visitors to the tour followed the tour without issue. But this one Windows 3.11 user is complaining and the client is paying to have the change made. For what the change is costing the client he could buy the visitor a brand new top of the line G4 PowerMac. I think if it wasn't for idiots that I would go broke.

-------------
The world needs perspective.

Message posted by 360texas on January-24-2003 at 9:51pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

With PTViewer Scripter and some code modifications you can have java and your images preload and view something similar to our Mexico Hotel page:

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/mexico/eldorado/eldroyale/eldorado1.htm

Using image maps: click the entry arrow to goto the 3Dmap then click a red dot.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/ftw/aidftw.htm

All this was done on a PC, not sure how it looks using a Mac.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register