Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  PTViewer Scripter

Subject Topic: 2D in Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Jeffy on February-26-2003 at 6:03am
View Jeffy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Jeffy Search   Visit Jeffy's Homepage www   Quote Jeffy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

Can I add in a 2D photo to a tour? I want to link it in just like a Pano and add hotspots.

Does every picture need to be a 360 degree pano? I'd also like to do some 180s or so.

Also where do I send error reports. When I go to pick a pano it won't load my file names. (They are on the server and that directory/folder has about 1,000 pics ;-)

-------------Jeffy

Message posted by seaman on February-27-2003 at 10:10am
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts

The feature of adding 2D photo in the tour is not available in current version. You may add a hotspot linking to a 2D image.

You may report bugs at http://www.easypano.com/support/contact/softbug/Contact%20Easypano/.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by Jeffy on February-28-2003 at 1:50am
View Jeffy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Jeffy Search   Visit Jeffy's Homepage www   Quote Jeffy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

Why can't you do everything perfectly the first time and include all the features we want???

I'll assume you have added it to the suggestion list.

Great product! And thank you for your support.

------------Jeffy

Message posted by BillDrew on March-01-2003 at 12:07am
View BillDrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BillDrew Search   Quote BillDrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts

You can do it by padding your 2D photo out to a 360x180, then restricting the parameters (auto, fovmin, fovmax, titlmin, ...) to show only the part that  is your original photo.  That means messing about with the file after PTViewer Scripter has created it.

Handcoding PTViewer scripts isn't much fun, but it can be done.  With my fumble fingered typing I was never able to get much to work with PTViewer until I bought Easypano's Scripter.  Making modifications to that output is *MUCH* easier than starting from scratch.

Message posted by Jeffy on March-01-2003 at 4:57am
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

That is what I plan on doing.

I was thinking stitch in the 2D and claim it is a pano and add the hotspots. Then go into the to resulting code and change the FOV * tilt.

The only problem I have is... is I don't understand exactly what those terms (and others) mean. Any one have an address with a great description of the photographic terms as it applies to the PTviewer???

Thanks in advance!!!

--------------Jeffy

Message posted by BillDrew on March-04-2003 at 9:03pm
View BillDrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BillDrew Search   Quote BillDrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts

The only thing I know of is Prof Dersch's documentation: available at http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html

After you spend a bit of time looking at that you will gain more appreciation of PTViewer Stitcher.

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-04-2003 at 10:45pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi Bill,

when u say pad out ur photo to 360x180... do u mean that I can add any 2:1 Pic and then build in hotspots. Won't I get a bent 2 d ? Or am I just being daft. I understand the bit about limiting fov/tilt and the rest as I'll be wanting to just show the given image and limiting the parameters will enable that... correct?

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by BillDrew on March-06-2003 at 10:33pm
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts
  To do it exactly right, you will want to convert your "2d" image to an equirectangular projection before padding.  But if the FOV is small (less than something like 60 degrees or taken with a 38mm equiv focal length or more) it doesn't really matter much if it is cylindrical, rectilinear, or equirectangular.

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-06-2003 at 10:50pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi Bill...

My English isn't bad but some words I don't know... equirectangular is one of them. My image will be small. I use the cp990 with 24mm wide angle adapter.
I s'pose though that my real goal will to be able to add a link to a pop up window as I intend to produce virtual walk abouts with hotspots linked to product data. Is this doable?

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by BillDrew on March-07-2003 at 4:33am
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts

Don't feel bad - I'd bet that 99.9999999% of English speakers don't know what an equirectangular projection is.   It simply uses the "longitude" and "latitude" as the x-y coordinates.

Prof Dersch's documentation for PTViewer (http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/PTVJ/doc.html) is a good place to start.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register