Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  PTViewer Scripter
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: IE 5.2 on Mac Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jon7817 on March-11-2003 at 2:47am
View jon7817's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jon7817 Search   Quote jon7817 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jon7817
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-11-2003
2 Posts

I am working with a client and I posted a sample image for them and this is what they said:

I like this one the best, except it does not open in Internet explorer for
Mac v 5.2.  The status bar climbs up and then just sort of stops, never
loads the image.  It works fine on the PC.

here is the link to the image:

http://virtualvisuals.net/fsm/about_us/blue_room.htm

any ideas?  thanks,

Jon

Message posted by BillDrew on March-11-2003 at 9:14pm
View BillDrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BillDrew Search   Quote BillDrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BillDrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-11-2002
10 Posts

What is the "Please Enable Java." line at the end of the applet parameter coding suposed to do? If it is intentional, I think it is missing the <> delimiters.   Maybe PCs ignore that line while it stops the Mac.??

After clicking on a couple of pages, my PC increased its virtual memory.  Those web pages are serious memory hogs.  Try looking at them with a PC that has limited memory (the PC I'm using right now has 128M).

Message posted by smooth on March-11-2003 at 11:22pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sorry mate,

Your pano's failed to load on my PC using IE 6.0!

I checked your images by picking out the url's from the source code and had a very quick qwizz at the Java Coding and I agree with Bill, you need to fix this up.

Good luck, Smooth  

Message posted by msb2002 on March-12-2003 at 12:53am
View msb2002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by msb2002 Search   Visit msb2002's Homepage www   Quote msb2002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
msb2002
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-24-2002
97 Posts

jon,

Not much of an expert here, and no nothing about Mac.  Your Pano loaded here

IE 6.0  but was very memory intensive.  Looked at some of your code and dont know what this is:
<PARAM NAME="preload" VALUE= "images/blue_room.jpg">
I have not seen Preload before in this way,  also  am not sure what the mass param is. Is it possible that your pano is trying to load twice.

Also, your image size is very large.  It 1s 4096 x 2048 pixels with size of 317k.  I reduced your pixel size to 1400 x 700 with a file size 150k.  Try it here.

I also took out the preload tag.

Scott

Scott

Message posted by jon7817 on March-12-2003 at 5:24am
View jon7817's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jon7817 Search   Quote jon7817 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jon7817
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-11-2003
2 Posts

Thanks for all the input, I thought that it might be a memory problem and every time I tried to reduce the size of my image, it always came out pixelated.  After lookign at Scott's (thank you very much) I seemed to have been able to reduce the file size down to about 150k and the quality loss is not that bad...

Here are a few things...

1. I am just adding the panos to the site.  I am not responsible for the coding of the overall site but I wish they would pay meto fix it!

2. The please enable java line is used when a browser does not have java enabled, thus no images will show just that line (it's supposed to work like that)

3. The preload is there for the next pano's and I left it in there because I am still working on everything.  I haven't made the next pano's so only the blue room pano is there, but I will take out the names of all of the panos that have already loaded, including the current pano, in future preload params...

4. The mass param is used to add "weight" to the rotation.  IF you look at Scott's example http://www.seeitin360.com/blue_room/ you can see how fast the image rotates.  In my example http://virtualvisuals.net/fsm/about_us/blue_room.htm the pano rotates slower...  I got this param from this tutorial http://roger.frebault.free.fr/Panoramique/PTViewer/

Thanks for all the input...

Jon

Message posted by smooth on March-13-2003 at 2:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi,

Well I got Jon's pano to load but it took a long time even though I had the image loaded completely in another window. The pano was jerky and non responsive to mouse drag and the menu controls at first appeared to do nothing (although they did responded very slowly)

I then downloaded the mock up by Scott and it performed perfectly!

So Jon it would seem your coding needs a little work.

I'm viewing using a PIII 1gb, Windows XP, 512mb ram, I.E 6.0. Pretty normal average set up. I would suggest like many other regular viewers.

Anyway that's what I seen.

Hope this helps, Smooth 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register