Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Modelweaver

Subject Topic: Nice site - how'd they do this? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on September-29-2005 at 4:59am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all,

Have a look at:

http://www.atomicmk.com/atomicmk.php

Look at Products and look at Direct Mail and Point of Sale.  There are a number of nice little models which the visitor can rotate.  How was this done?  Is it a Studio Max thing??

Cheers

Message posted by RuddersUK on September-30-2005 at 1:34pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
well it aint modelweaver, i can tell y that lol

Message posted by steiner on September-30-2005 at 2:14pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
Ha.  That's for sure!

Message posted by VT360 on October-08-2005 at 11:07am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
It's a flash movie.  They probably used a turn table just like when using modelweaver.

Message posted by mustang_lex on January-12-2007 at 11:52pm
View mustang_lex's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mustang_lex Search   Visit mustang_lex's Homepage www   Quote mustang_lex Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mustang_lex
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-05-2006
30 Posts
On the site listed, it was done using 3D software and someone created the object and exported it to flash. Another words there was no real objects filmed and created like a VT.

I have a few examples downloaded from some flash sites

-------------
Alex - Graphics Designer

http://www.ihearyadevelopments.com/virtualtour

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on January-24-2007 at 5:25pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Yes it also looks to me like it was made with 3d software.

The best alternative I know that use real pictures is the solution from www.yawah.com - you can see an example at www.virtueltour.dk

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-19-2007 at 3:18pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hey Morten

I can't for the life of me find out how much that costs on the site...any ideas?

Ta

F

Message posted by zxcvbnm on February-19-2007 at 4:46pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
I remember seeing it recommended before and I searched about the end result was you either paid around 1500 us dollars for the server and then had a dedicated server to run in on or you got someone to host your object movies on their server for you. Which people wanted a lot for rather destroying the margin in creating the object movies for people.

Don't get me wrong the combination of a dynamically loading zoom like zoomify thing in a rotating object movie is really cool. But needing to have a dedicated backend server the cost is out of proportion to just spending 29 dollars on a flash object viewer like http://www.yofla.com/flash/3d-rotate/

Maybe if you owned a large etailer or a high priced advertising webmedia company it would make sense but not to knock out half a dozen objects for the local art gallery.

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-19-2007 at 5:42pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Yowch!
Thanks for that! Glad to know before I though I wanted it!

F

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-13-2007 at 6:47pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi F

Sorry for this very very late reply but honestly I forgot all about this thread untill now.

Well I think I can tell you all you want to know about the teghnology from www.yawah.com as I recently bought it.

It is basically a program that you have to run on a server. The main feature is the ability to display high res images in real time, without a need for heavy computer power. You can see an example here: www.virtueltour.dk

I have made this by taking 36 shots. All 36 shots are arranged in 1 single file at appoximately 1,1gb You can also upload all 36 shots and let the program make the object movie automatically, but I bought a license of 500 images, so I do not want to use too much of that license on just 1 dress.

You pay for a license allowing you to use the software. The license comes in 3 packages 1) 500pictures 2) 4000 pictures 3) no limit

Beside the license you will have to pay an annual maintance fee of 20% Furthermore you will have to include money for a server that have to be hosted as well.

I hope this is enough info, otherwise just let me know what youll like to know :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register