Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Virtual Tour EXE

Subject Topic: Great idea ... but Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by trollx on January-29-2003 at 6:08pm
View trollx's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by trollx Search   Quote trollx Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
trollx
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-22-2002
34 Posts

I downloaded the demo and fiddled about with it.

Plus: 
* Easy to use
* Added marketing tool for customers
* Competetive with Ipix product services

Minus:
* Not easily customizable!
* Agent info not easily seen by users.
* Not enough choices for window size. Only 3!

This product would be great if it allowed the user to customize the entire enviroment--outputting to a template-based HTML file. The whole skin thing seems confusing to those that aren't graphic artist or not as familiar with photoshop. An easy, image by image interface would help. The current skin configuration does not allow for custom branding. This is essential! I guess it could be incorprated into a skin ... but again, creating skins takes the talents for a graphics guru. Perhaps an easy-to-use browse button incorporated into the interface could superimpose logos onto the skin design?

Real-estate agent info is not easily found. Why not have in the same window as the VT? Again, another customizable problem.

In short: Great idea ... but needs a little work in the customer branding/customizability arena.

What do you guys think?

Message posted by trollx on January-29-2003 at 6:37pm
View trollx's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by trollx Search   Quote trollx Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
trollx
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-22-2002
34 Posts

I also noticed that the pictures come out very distorted/pixelated. Is this because of the lack of variation for viewer size? Or is this because it's a demo? My guess is that because the program is forcing the VT pic to conform to the preset viewer sizes.  It's kind of  like resizing an image via HTML instead of in photoshop--it will distort the image.

Message posted by sparkey on January-31-2003 at 7:52am
View sparkey's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sparkey Search   Quote sparkey Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sparkey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-27-2002
7 Posts

I also downloaded, plus found that the pictures were badly distorted/pixelated, Virtual Tour .EXE has a long way to go compared to the excellent image rendering in 3dvista .exe packer which comes FOC with the Studio Suite which comes @ $199 (I think) for Pano sticher and exe packer. This makes this utility a bit over priced Seaman at $199 even with a 20% discount !!

Plus the finished EXE has huge program overhead, I packaged the 3 trial images which came out at 1.21MB - much to large. I'm ashamed to admit it but I've been using I**x e-brochure to pack 4 panos, html file pt viewer.jar plus ptviewer images into about  456kb  which is much more exceptable for emailing, plus allows you to use your usual custom pt viewer settings.

Sorry Seaman I had high hopes for this one , but it doesn't light my fire yet !!!

Message posted by seaman on February-09-2003 at 4:27pm
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts

The pictures were badly distorted/pixelated mainly because the default FOV value (70) is not the approriate one, if you change it to 100, you will find that it will be much better.

Easypano Exe Viewer will only add extra 150K to the panoramic images. For example, if the file size of three jpg files are 300K, the viewer will be 450k or so. If you use the same panos to test our software with others, you will find that our software do a good job in saving file size.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by VT360 on June-10-2005 at 1:13am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Big turn off is the fact that you can only customize the buttons to navigate the tour. and even then, they must be placed in the order x y they predesigned it for.

You can't customize any other layout to the left or right of viewer .

If you added the exe option to tourweaver,  you will have a winner1

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register