Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Virtual Tour EXE

Subject Topic: New Version (Time) ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Ryback on March-25-2003 at 2:38am
View Ryback's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Ryback Search   Quote Ryback Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Ryback
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
March-03-2003
2 Posts

Hi!
Is there a release plan for a new version of Virtual Tour Exe?
Maybe with approximate release date or planned features.
I think important features are hotspots and localized versions.

Greetings
Ryback

Message posted by djames on June-20-2003 at 6:34am
View djames's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by djames Search   Visit djames's Homepage www   Quote djames Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
djames
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-24-2003
31 Posts

I agree! I think adding logo's or still text like you could input in the first scene, to introduce the presentation, without turning 360 degree's! Also to be able to run on Mac would be important!

Cheers

-------------
DJ McKim

Message posted by 360texas on June-21-2003 at 4:09am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmmm I downloaded the trial version, tinkered with the tools and such, and we think we will wait for a while.

The biggest detractor is the rendering.  We made several final .exe's.  We made a tour of single panorams that were all 80kb each.  Made another that was made up of 250kb pano's.  The biggest was a 2 pano Tour each pano was 13.5mb.

ALL 3 VTEXE tours were set at the largest of the 3 viewer sizes.  We even made each tour.. full screen.

Results were that it didn't seem to make any rendering quality difference.  All 3 VTexe's rendered 'grainy' or pixelated even with a FOV of 100 or medium zoomed out.  The original panorama sets using ptViewer and ptviewer scripter rendered higher quality. Concerning putting in the Logo... you could just create a 2000 x 1000 in Photoshop put your picture and logo there and make it your #1 pano in the list

The program overall was fast.  Created completed tours quickly.  Lacked mouse over hotspots.  Had limited viewer window sizes. Toolbar modification looked easy to do. 

On a 1 to 5 star scale for  :

Usability = * * * *  /  Image Rendering = * *

360Texas.com gives it an Overall = * * *

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-21-2003 at 5:58am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
The thing I liked about this product was:

The ease of use and the speed at which u can generate a tour that u can burn on a cd or email.

The fact that the skins can be altered to ur own taste. (though the ones included suffice for most occaisions and look quite slick.. ala netscape or microsoft browser feel).

I liked the fact that I could blow the panos up to full screen size. Now I know the full screen version is pixelated... BUT... (yup a big but) but the majortiy of people I've shown this to don't seem to mind as the quality is good enough considering the limited amount of work I have to put into producing the tour. Also all viewers (ie paying public) just thought the feature was great and accepted the pixalisation as price for small data load.

I don't have to write any script.

I don't have to fart arse around all to much.

The .exe is stable.

It's great for doing shows with a beamer... 3x3m pano against a wall looks great.

What I did'nt like:

No Hotspots at all!!!
ie. no links to other pano's, text blocks, html, 2d

skins in only 3 sizes

Now despite the fact that most of the paying public don't mind the pixalation... I do. I'd love to be able to produce real high qual pano's
(even with high data load.)

Price

Overall I like this product for it's ease of use and general quality. It gets let down by the lack of being able to add hotspots (a major must)
which makes the price somewhat steep. (though I still bought it.
i'd like to see an improvement of the full screen version. MAC would be great. (Maybe some kinda Quick Time version also allowing Cubics).

I agree with Daves assement

useability 4/5

rendering 2.5/5

overall 3/5

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360texas on June-21-2003 at 10:46pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I have seen ptviewer.jar render full screen with extremely high resolution.  That was the reason for making one of our test VT.exe's with 2   13.5mb panoramas.  It seems VT.exe internally resize down them during the process.  We were pushing HI-RES to see if it would render the large pano's "AS-is".   Or maybe we didn't do something correctly.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by marktold on July-16-2003 at 4:23am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I downloaded the trial today because I might have to display a pano with a beamer (projector) to a wall.

And blowing up the panos with regular PTViewer did make my graphic card on my laptop 64 MB work to hard. Very slow jerky spinning.

The product sure is easy to use but one seems not to have any control about which pano is displayed for how long.

Other then this its realy easy to use. (primate save)

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register