Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Virtual Tour EXE
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Paid $1000 to advertise easypano Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Fizzwizz on April-25-2004 at 6:15pm
View Fizzwizz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fizzwizz Search   Visit Fizzwizz's Homepage www   Quote Fizzwizz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fizzwizz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2004
67 Posts

I'm extremely dismayed that after paying $1,000 for this software bundle the executables I produce contain the easypano corporate identity. This I expect from freeware.

Is there a way I can prevent the executables displaying "Panorama Technologies Corporation Ltd" in the version information?

-------------
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't

Message posted by smooth on April-25-2004 at 8:38pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You will be told that copyright security is the reason why the "Panorama Technologies Corporation Ltd" is listed in the final results (.exe's) This has been bought up plenty of times in the past. Resulting with the removal of the website URL www.easypano.com .

It is a hard one I guess, both sides have an argument for and against.

But I totally agree with you! Thus, I do not use this program for professional reasons. It's a pity because it is quite a good program with nice results.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Fizzwizz on April-28-2004 at 3:42pm
View Fizzwizz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fizzwizz Search   Visit Fizzwizz's Homepage www   Quote Fizzwizz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fizzwizz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2004
67 Posts

What an absolute shame, we had plans for the executable tour, but is no use to us with someone elses corporate identity plastered all over it.

I think easypano should be careful. Their software isn't very sophisticated and plastering their corporate identity over their products (which are very expensive for what they are) may well prompt a community to start their own open source project. I would be interested in being involved with such a project myself if I can't buy what I need at a reasonable price.

-------------
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't

Message posted by VT360 on June-10-2005 at 1:20am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

No only that but,

Big turn off is the fact that you can only customize the buttons to navigate the tour. and even then, they must be placed in the order x y they predesigned it for.

You can't customize any other layout to the left or right of viewer .

If you added the exe option to tourweaver,  you will have a winner1

Message posted by virtualsv on June-10-2005 at 1:35am
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

http://www.vrguild.com/ws/showcase.html Click on tour created with tourweaver then download exe. Somewhat of a exe file, not sure if it's what you were looking for?

Virtual SV

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register