Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: JPE Conversion Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wild13 on May-06-2007 at 9:48am
View Wild13's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wild13 Search   Quote Wild13 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts
Thanks Theo, I'll give it a go shooting in RAW. Still dos not resolve why large JPEGs are not reduced in size when converted to JPE.

Message posted by Theo on May-06-2007 at 10:24am
View Theo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Theo Search   Quote Theo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts

Wild13,

shooting in RAW will give you greater resolution but won't solve the size problem. I think you need to reduce your final pano to around 2000X1000 with size around 600kb. when publishing uncheck the full screen option.

Message posted by mstoss on May-06-2007 at 12:03pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
I normally use 2000x1000 and save for web with typically a quality of 50-60% compression level. This gives me files for use with ptviewer between 200 and 300 kb, depending on details and sharpening. I cannot see, why I have to depend on the, well... not so good compression of TW 2.0.

TW 1.3 had a not so good player, TW 2.0 was a big step forward. The missing option to use individually optimised files like with old TW 1.3 is a MAJOR drawback for 2.0 and I hope they will fix this in the next new new updated 2.0 update.

BTW Theo: After what I know, RAW does not increase resolution, what do you mean with this?

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by Theo on May-06-2007 at 7:51pm
View Theo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Theo Search   Quote Theo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts

Michael,

I meant greater control (not resolution)  sorry!

I agree, we should be able to control the compression and save the way we want to. I don't understand why EP took this great feature from TW2???

Message posted by Wild13 on May-07-2007 at 4:43am
View Wild13's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wild13 Search   Quote Wild13 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts

Theo,

When you retouch your panoramic image do you do this as a sperical or cubic image, I find it easier to touch up and remove the tripod cap in a cubic format although I find it more difficult to resize as the size of the cubic panorama as it tends to distort when viewed (the size of the cubic panorama is 7200 x 1200)

By resizing the spherical panorama to 2000 x 1000 it certainly works, there must a limit in TW2's algorithm after a certain size it does not reduce when converted.

Hopefully when they return to work they fix this as I have logged it as a fault.

Message posted by Theo on May-07-2007 at 5:33pm
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts

Wild13,

I retouch and add the tripod cap as spherical. But If I need to remove the tripod footprint, then I do it as cubic, it is way easier.

Message posted by smooth on May-07-2007 at 11:56pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Wild13 on May-07-2007

I find it more difficult to resize as the size of the cubic panorama as it tends to distort when viewed (the size of the cubic panorama is 7200 x 1200)

Convert back to Spherical after cloning out the tripod in Cubic projection.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wild13 on May-09-2007 at 11:28am
Wild13
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-30-2007
12 Posts

Just been told by the helpdesk that the developers say that the JPE conversion issue sometimes happens and that it is not an easy bug to resolve. They have then told me to unistall and re-install the application which I have done twice already and this does not fix the problem.

I think its a poor answer to a major issue.

Message posted by Theo on May-09-2007 at 12:54pm
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts

not an easy bug to fix!!!!????? oh my god...just make it like the TW1.3 so we can substitute the published images with our own compressed images?? is that hard?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register