Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW4 crashes on opening specific file Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by irish on November-05-2009 at 9:01am
View irish's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by irish Search   Visit irish's Homepage www   Quote irish Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
irish
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
November-05-2009
6 Posts
Hi all,
Am thinking of buying tourweaver 4.00.I have a canon 40 D and 10 X 20 sigma lens.Will this do for VR tours or will I need a new lens.
regards
Paul

-------------
www.irishphotography.ie

Message posted by smooth on November-05-2009 at 9:15am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
G'day Paul,

Welcome to the Easypano forums.

Tourweaver will display any style of photograph. They can be still shots, part panoramas, cylindrical or spherical 360x180. Any of these can be linked via Hotspots and maps etc.

Stitching is another program "Panoweaver" and that is where the lens and amount of shots required comes into to play.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by irish on November-05-2009 at 4:34pm
View irish's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by irish Search   Visit irish's Homepage www   Quote irish Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
irish
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
November-05-2009
6 Posts
Hi Smooth,
I was thinking that tour weaver 4.00 would do the hole job.So you have to buy two programes.I was talking to a photographer today and he said the sigma 8mm fish eye will do the job with the canon 40 D ???
Regards
Paul

-------------
www.irishphotography.ie

Message posted by smooth on November-06-2009 at 12:49am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
G'day Paul,

Panoweaver does the stitching and can produce single panoramas in Flash or Quicktime.

Tourweaver compiles multiple stitched panoramic scenes into a virtual tour with hotspots, maps and guided walkthrough etc.

You can buy the "Studio" version which combines both Pro versions at a discounted rate.

You can use a Canon 40D and Sigma 8mm Fisheye combination no problem. You will need to shoot 4 shots at 90 degrees stops using a panorama head so that you are rotating around the No Parallax Point (NPP). A panohead is very important for consistent results and ease of stitching which will reduce the amount of stitching errors.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by irish on November-09-2009 at 7:44am
irish
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
November-05-2009
6 Posts
Hi Smooth,
Thanks a lot for your help. Sorry for getting back so late. When I get the programs I hope it is not to complicated.
Regards
Paul

-------------
www.irishphotography.ie

Message posted by Dominique GEORG on December-08-2009 at 12:51pm
View Dominique GEORG's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Dominique GEORG Search   Quote Dominique GEORG Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Dominique GEORG
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
August-05-2009
22 Posts

TW 5 also crashed today !

I tried to rename the "map" folder to map1, start TW5 and open my project but "CRASH" without any notice [:x]

At least one HORROR message should be displayed !

For such an expensive program, I really do not appreciate !

Dominique

Message posted by smooth on December-08-2009 at 1:06pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You cannot rename the folders after the fact. Tourweaver requires the paths to stay intact (as it calls images/data from them).

Change the folder name back and it should open again OK.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Dominique GEORG on December-09-2009 at 6:42am
View Dominique GEORG's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Dominique GEORG Search   Quote Dominique GEORG Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Dominique GEORG
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
August-05-2009
22 Posts

Hi Smooth,

just renaming "map" to "mapxx", and starting TW5Pro forced TW5 to create "Map" empty directory (with a uppercase "a") before crashing !

I deleted "Map", renames "mapxxx" to "map", but ... unsuccessfully

Reagrds,
Dominique

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register