Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW2 output as flash Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RuddersUK on November-09-2005 at 5:36am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
I know its quite possible to make a 3d cube in flash and rotate it, so why hasnt someone as yet made a 3d cube so your inside it and be able to control it within parameters, then all that needs to be done is map the cube faces on to the cube and voila cubic panoramas in flash! Of course its probably a lot harder that it sounds but come on you flash developers, lets see what you can do!

Message posted by smooth on November-09-2005 at 10:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by ajay on November-09-2005

Whatever solution is ultimatly introduced regarding the Flash issue, it must take account of the W3C accessibilty standards - certainly in the UK all public sector websites must work to comply with these standards, which effectivly means they will not buy into the Java driven EP products. I guess this is not only a UK issue!

Alan,

The W3C standards are old and out of date. If this is law in the UK you are out on your own as the standard is not law anywhere that I know of. Standards are great in theory but only if kept up to date and everyone is a party to them. Unfortunately Microsoft went out on their own with Java and didn't stick to the Java standard. Apple do the very same thing with Quicktime and are forever making corrections on new releases. Not to mention their own little tangent in making computers. Java is a world standard and used by just about every bank. It is less dangerous than ActiveX (which is where this program is heading) and unfortunately Adobe/Macromedia haven't been able to project controllable cubes from within Flash only Shockwave.

If the W3C is the standard someone needs to tell Microsoft as they don't comply with even some basic .html tags. These also change all the time to meet different browser requirements because of compatibility issue's.

If by "Public Sector" you mean local Council's and Government Departments. I have seen Java in use on these sites (UK Based).

Is this really "Law" or just your wish for future upgrades?

The world's just not that compliant.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register