Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tokina 10-17mm Lens & Canon 400D Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on February-24-2007 at 12:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Exactly!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-25-2007 at 4:40pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Hey Smooth,

Check this one out - I tried to make color and brightness more equal from pano to pano... I think I have made a little improvement since the first two in this post. Let me know what you think!

In a situation like this Living Room - How do you get a pano for show better view through the window without making everything else too dark?

Here is the link:
http://www.listingswithtours.com/0260/

By the way, if anyone who reads this has any good advice for improving my photography I will be happy to receive it as I want to be the best I can - I think we have plenty of great new virtual tour templates for our tours and the pdf flyers print nicely and we have a nice traffic stat reporting program for our clients, now I can focus on the imaging and producing better panos and photos.

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-25-2007 at 7:21pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Thatone,

As stated in an earlier post, I like your VT package. I to have struggled with the blownout windows. There are a few different techniques we have used to correct the problem. In the following example I shot two sets of photos, one for the windows and one for the room. Then we Photoshop, copy and paste the good windows over the blownout windows. Easy enough said but it takes a little practice to properly feather the window.   Also you must alter the opacity in the corrected layer to make it look natural.

The second method is employing some of the new HDR techniques. To utilize this technique you must use bracketing to make certain that your photos are pixel to pixel accurate.   Again practice is the key to find good balance. Personally I am leaning on the first alternative but continue to experiment with HDR.

Here is an example tour that I did with the cut and paste method. The family room in my tour is a good apples to apples comparison to your living room example posted.   

Example

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-25-2007 at 7:26pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Thatone,

BTW,
It seems to me I have heard your Smooth Jazz music before...
Boney James maybe???

If that is so I hope you have taken the necessary steps of royalties for publishing that music. I know it can be a lot trouble if not taken care of properly. Just a heads-up...

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-25-2007 at 9:44pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Hey Mel,

Thanks for the reminder on that - About half of those are royalty free and I know there is one Boney James and a few Brian C. (who I opened for a concert once!). I used to play pro for a living so I know all about royalty issues - I was testing the player for the tours so now that I am using it, it's time to take out the 'good' tracks :-( ...

Have you tried any of the image layering programs? Seems to me that I have seen something like that posted on the forum before and there are programs that you can buy to layer a set of three images over each other? Does that sound right? What software would that be?

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-25-2007 at 11:54pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Thatone

Many of us use Photomatix from http://www.hdrsoft.com/ to produce HDR panoramas. The program combines a set of pictures taken at different exposure levels, so you have to take both under and overexposed pictures and them combine them with Photomatix or a similar program.

I hope this helps.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-26-2007 at 12:03am
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
That was the program I was thinking of! Thank you for sending the link - I will be giving this a try.

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-26-2007 at 3:04am
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Thatone,

Yes Photomatix is one I have used. Also I have tried this Photoshop technique for HDR. Check it out here.
Take a look through the powerpoint first to understand what they are doing. I used this method after creating two panos. You could apply the technique to each image prior to stitching but that is a lot of extra cycles. The actions work very fast but you have to have good pixel to pixel matching on the two sets of images. Where I have had some difficulty with this method is when your stitcher varies matching points. Blending the two shots will produce some softness. It is worth looking at however.

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register