Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Interface frozen with only one pano Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mskp on January-15-2008 at 7:32am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Smooth! Sorry if it was already said. I know and even have participated in topics regarding this issue. But why should I need to "swap" the images in flash if the programm did not compress them? Why could nt I not load the already by me compressed images. Why the need to swap them later or in which cases should I do so? I am missing something for sure.

Thanks and regards, Martin

Message posted by smooth on January-15-2008 at 7:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sure you can place already compressed images. Should be the same result unless Tourweaver does "something" to the images files whilst outputting.

The "main" point is "we" have control over the compression. When Tourweaver was doing it, it was horrible as we had little control.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by yvanmarl on January-20-2008 at 2:05pm
View yvanmarl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yvanmarl Search   Quote yvanmarl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yvanmarl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
November-14-2007
9 Posts

Update of the problem...

I wrote to Easypano and I receive a quick answer: Java doesn't have enough memory allocated... First, I didn't beleive it. But i tried.

Guess what? I was right! No matter the amount of memory, the tour freeze with the same two panos. The fifteen ohter pano in the same tour are working OK.

I tried the tour on 5 differents computers, each with a different OS, from Windows 2000 to Vista. Same problem, every time.

On each computer, I tried to see the tour from the net, and from a local folder, to see if the download time is an issue. Each time, the problem shown.

Should I give up the Java version of the tour?

Martin :(

Message posted by smooth on January-20-2008 at 11:01pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It never fails to amazes me on how many panoramas, still images etc people put in one tour. I know you may think it interesting but rarely would I (and I suspect others) would want to look through so many panorama images (Slideshow nights! ). If people are that keen simply link one tour to another via the URL Hyperlink option.

That said, compressing the images correctly would help you get past the "mark" you are getting too at this time. But because Tourweaver's Java version doesn't allow control over this you are stuck.

The answer is simple, reduce the tour size, link multiple tours together or use the flash version.

Get opinions from regular users on how much is too much.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register