Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: open tours in popup windows Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mediaPix on June-19-2004 at 9:09pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

First of all hello!! to all the members.

I am currently evaluating the Easypano range of software and feel it is the perfect package for me to go ahead and use for my 360 VT business.

I suppose this question is about website building. How do you get a window to pop up or open to the same size of the tour skin rather than open in a full page on your websit?

I see Smooth @ smooth.com recommends software call wise pop up. Is this purely for Ads or can this type of software be use to have a tour to pop up from a Hyperlink on your web page. Still a bit of a novice at the web design

Thanks for any help you can give.

Message posted by eagle on June-20-2004 at 8:52am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi,

If you follow the directions by Tourweaver in publishing a tour, it tells you to copy a set of codes that includes opening a floating/pop up window.  I'ts a very simple cut-and-paste procedure.

You can always eliminate that by simply linking the tour without the code TW suggest you to use.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on June-20-2004 at 10:42am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi mediaPix,

Mate a pop-up is just that a pop-up the content is whatever you choose to make it. My site www.smooth360.com uses Wise Pop-Up Software to generate the code. All the virtual tours and single panorama pop-ups on my site are generated with Wise Pop-Up. (Even the Fullscreen versions!)

You get to set all the parameters easily.

• Height & Width
  • Scroll Bars or No Scroll Bars
  • Window Menu or Not
  • Where and what position the Pop-Up window appears on the viewers screen
  • Every aspect is choosible and Modifiable to your liking

I know most people think ads when you talk Pop-Ups, but in this case these are not ads but panorama displays.

The software produces both the code for the "pop up window" and the "link for your webpage" to make the pop up happen. It's all just cut 'n' paste! Too Easy!

I hope I have clear that up for you!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mediaPix on June-20-2004 at 12:44pm
View mediaPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mediaPix Search   Visit mediaPix's Homepage www   Quote mediaPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Thanks Guys,

Things are looking good, did what you said eagle and it worked a treat. The only problem I have is you need to close the TW down and restart again to produce another one that will work. Dont know why but I will try and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your info smooth, The only question I have to ask is, when using wise pop-up do Pop up killers not prevent it from starting?

Thanks again  

Message posted by eagle on June-20-2004 at 6:38pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi mediapix,

If I understand your question correctly, you want multiple tours launched from a single page.  If so, then simply cut and paste the codes from each tour to that single page.  You essentially make a list of them.

I've never used popup blockers so I don't know how it works.  It's likely just html or javascript. Speaking of that, you can craft your page to any design or layout you want with d/html as smooth mentions.  I've done that in the past.  It gives you control and flexibility but it takes work.  With TW, it does most of it for you and saves you a lot of time.  Those things plus the issue of branding convinced me to go with TW Pro.

Thanks.

r,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on June-20-2004 at 10:56pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi mediaPix,

Pop-Up Killing programs work in two ways.

1) They kill windows that have been added to "Kill List" they read what is in the title bar (This window is "Discussion Forum: open tours in popup windows") as you can read at the top of screen. Now this window would be killed if it had been added to the "Kill List" (Size of window is not relevant!) When you buy some Popup killing programs they come with the list pre entered for common titles like "Advertisement" etc.

2) Pop-Up Killing software kills windows that are "Auto Generated" that is a when you  load a page "other windows popup" either on top or behind the window you opened. "These are the EVIL popup you speak of" Automatically NOT by a manual click!

Panorama Tours are nearly always displayed in a "Sized" window and that is exactly what they should be called a "Sized Window" and not a "Pop-Up Window" because it confuses people like yourself. But I did not name the software and I suppose Wise Pop-Up will be sold to a lot more ad makers then Panorama Tour makers!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mediaPix on June-21-2004 at 5:21pm
mediaPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-19-2004
69 Posts

Thanks again guys.

Very helpful stuff, I am now begining to fly with the site construction..

Thanks again, much appreciated.

mediaPix 

Message posted by smooth on June-23-2004 at 2:35am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi all,

For those interested I have written a tutorial about how to use Wise Pop-Up for creating "Sized Windows" and options for the display of Panorama Virtual Tours.

Click Here to view

I hope you find it of use.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-23-2004 at 3:25am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Smooth me old cobber...

nice one mate.... me being a bit of a dummy when it comes to html is well chuffed to have found such a product that'll streamline my work and keep things easy. ;-)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register