Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: First Timer Virtual Tours - HELP! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Spin on March-17-2007 at 8:27am
View Spin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Spin Search   Quote Spin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Spin
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-17-2007
3 Posts
Hello Everyone.

I have been in Video Production for a few years, after gaining some backing from His Royal Highness The Princes Trust.

I have been keeping an eye on Virtual Tours and have recently purchased a "one shot solution" from 0-360.com. It comes with a basic java software programme to publish tours with.

Unfortunately I do not feel that the software is "professional enough" to be able to approach a client with and gain business from them.

I am a bit familiar with Easypano Tourweaver and the recent release of Tourweaver 2. It seems like very good software - ideal for a person like me who doesn't know html programming etc, and is very drag and drop and easy to use. It is also very expensive with the Professional version jumping up another 200 dollars with the new release. I wondered if you could help guide me in the right direction towards the best software for me (and preferably best priced as I am a one man band so to speak with little money). I am reading the Tourweaver 2 comments and they don't seem very positive - lots of bugs - for software that is 700 dollars (plus VAT). I want to buy something that will get me up and running without programming or the need to know html etc (idle I know, but I need to be able to approach clients quickly and confidently).

I am aiming at anyone who may possibly need a Virtual Tour (estate agents/hotels etc). I am based near Weymouth in Dorset (UK) so there is plenty of scope. Any help you can supply me would be great. Many thanks in advance. Best wishes James .

Message posted by daugaard47 on March-17-2007 at 10:24am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
i would go with tour weaver 1.3 it does everything you would want minus full screen and burn to dvd. there are very few bugs in it if any. I use the 0-360 one shot as well.seems to work pretty good for real estate ,but for bigger jobs like bars and restaurants ,im saving up for a fish eye lens.so i can make better quality panoramas. if you have any question i would be happy to pass the buck.

Take care,
                                  Chris

Message posted by Spin on March-17-2007 at 10:48am
View Spin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Spin Search   Quote Spin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Spin
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-17-2007
3 Posts
Thanks for the response Chris. Do you have any examples of Tours you have created with  tw 1.3 I can look at? Also with 1.3, do you have the facility to add narration and music at the same time? Don't know about you but I find the software that comes with the optic not that straight forward and quite limiting?! I have done some outside shots with the optic that look nice and some interior shots of houses and static caravans. Not tried anywhere bigger with the lens like restaurants etc like you mention but I would imagine from my experiments that they would have to be very well lit to maintiain the quality using the 0-360.  Cheers James :o)

Message posted by daugaard47 on March-17-2007 at 11:51am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
here are a couple example that i have recently done.

bar and rest.
http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/%20Petes_VT/Petes_VirtualTour.htm

Real estate

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/upstairstour/MLS3035069upstairs.htm

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/GambleVT/Tourviewer_VirtualTour.html

One thing i do with the one shot lens is take multiple exposer shots for each scene. one very low for the windows,another mid level for the normal look, and one very high for the brightness. then i take them into photo shop and composite them all together. thats what i do . a guy that has helped me said he takes 5 exposer shots. and sharpens the final images in photo shop. which i have been doing now(sharpening) he also showed me a good trick to take out any dust speckles or scratches that may show up on the photos because of the one shot lens. use the smudge tool or the clone tool in photo shop. it will do the trick.
I hope this is helpful let me know if you need anything else.
                                   Take care,
                                          Chris

Message posted by mskp on March-17-2007 at 12:16pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Chris!
Do you composite the different shots before or after unwarping??

Thanks, Martin

Message posted by daugaard47 on March-17-2007 at 12:52pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
After unwrapping. Its easier for me t do it that way. at least I think it would be .never tried it before unwrapping.LOL

Message posted by Spin on March-19-2007 at 6:33am
Spin
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-17-2007
3 Posts

Hi Chris. Thanks for demos - great stuff. Is this paid work? Is it something you do for a living or is it just a "bonus"?

Thanks - James

Message posted by mskp on March-19-2007 at 10:35am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Chris!

Really nice reults. I am interested what your workflow is, because your panos look sharp and noiseless for being shot that way. What is your one shot lens and how do you process the images after unwrapping. Would be nice if you could share your "secrets".
Congratulations and regards,
Martin

Message posted by daugaard47 on March-19-2007 at 1:38pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
As of right now ,James. This is just a part time job for me. I started my business on the 1st of the year and didn't get any jobs until mid Feb. It has taken a lot of phone calls, walk ins, emails,and word of mouth. to get our name out there. Right now its finally starting to pick up for me. Once you get someone face to face and show them what you have to offer,they are sold.Its just getting that face to face time(thats the hardest part) For real estate we charge $150 for a basic tour for 5 bedroom and less. then we charge for add on features such as hotspot,voice overs... For commercial businesses we charge $300 for a basic tour for single level businesses. Also charge for the extras.
I'm hoping in a month or so I can go to part time at my other job and do virtual tours full time. The area I live in is just, saturated with real estate offices, bars, restaurants and golf courses.    no one else does virtual tours down here. (except for the dam visual tours that realtors use.thats why I also offer our photography services.)

Martin, as for my work flow? Like I said earlier, take the multi exposer images ,go into photoshop and hit (File , Automate , Photo merge.) to composite the panos. Use the smudge and clone tool to take out the dust speckles or scratches that may be on your (0-360 one shot panoramic optical lens) Then hit the sharpen button (about) twice and save as jpeg. Then you need to get that file size down to at least 400kb or under (so your tour runs smooth)you can use photo shop to do this,but here are some good programs that work real nice like. kiss my image,or advanced jpeg compressor. and that pretty much it. oh, also make sure that your waiting image ,skin template, and first scene image are as small as possible so your tour loads fast.
There has been a handful of people that have really helped me out. so like i said its my turn to pass the buck.
hope this helps
                               Take care,
                                       Chris

Message posted by mskp on March-19-2007 at 3:58pm
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Chris, nice from you to share your knowledge. As you mentioned this and other forums helps us beginners a lot. Hopefully soon I will be able to do so too

Regards, Martin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register