Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Security features - Tourweaver Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by magnusmora on February-16-2006 at 10:57am
View magnusmora's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by magnusmora Search   Quote magnusmora Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
magnusmora
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
February-16-2006
1 Posts

Hi,

I have been using tourweaver pro for around 3 months now.  I noticed recently that one of my clients has been able to change my skin on the Virtual tour I provided them. After investigating I found that when you publish a tour it creates several files, one of them being a ZIP file containing all the graphic files for the skin. So all a customer needs to do is unzip the file change the graphics and re-zip again. Hey presto they have there own logo/look to the skin.  I have raised a record with easypano, however they just say that there is no current fix to this.  Does any one know how I can get round this?.  I appreciate that I could host everything myself, however alot of my customers want all the code for themselves  to load to their own websites.  Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Steve

Message posted by disjo on February-25-2006 at 12:49pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
I always change the zip-extension to dsj (from disjo (my companyname)). In the html I also change the extension to dsj.

It loads without problems and your customers don't know instantly that it is a zipfile. Of course it still can be opened by winzip, but your customers don't have to know that .

Any other option isn't available because twviewer.jar doesn't allow encrypted/password-protected zip-files.

Also change the name from skin_ to something else.

Message posted by zjoker on February-25-2006 at 9:20pm
View zjoker's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zjoker Search   Visit zjoker's Homepage www   Quote zjoker Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zjoker

May-23-2002
122 Posts

And I think I would revisit the idea of keeping all files on your server, and never release them to the client. I have plenty of clients that request the files and I simply inform them they are copyright protected and must remain on my server. It is the only way I will do business.

You dont see McDonalds handing out a recipe to their Big Mac Sauce with every Mac sold, and I will not be handing out my recipe with every VT sold.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register