Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Who can and who can't see TW tours?!? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on September-02-2004 at 4:50pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

I've only just found out that nobody useing MAC OS9 is able to view TW tours. Why?

Having looked at the requirements to view tours I also see that potential viewers are required to have Microsoft JVM. Does this mean that with SUN Java... they won't be eble to view tours??

I'm aware that this info is in the sales info provided. However, this is somewhat concerning as I got the impression that it'll run on none Microsoft JVM systems as well. Please advise on ur experiences and Easypano, please let us know if this is correct.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by hlehtine on September-03-2004 at 3:25am
View hlehtine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hlehtine Search   Visit hlehtine's Homepage www   Quote hlehtine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on September-02-2004

I've only just found out that nobody useing MAC OS9 is able to view TW tours. Why?

Having looked at the requirements to view tours I also see that potential viewers are required to have Microsoft JVM. Does this mean that with SUN Java... they won't be eble to view tours??

I'm aware that this info is in the sales info provided. However, this is somewhat concerning as I got the impression that it'll run on none Microsoft JVM systems as well. Please advise on ur experiences and Easypano, please let us know if this is correct.

Well for some time ago I asked my friend to check the demos from Easypano's TW demo gallery, and he could see them with no problem. He uses Mac 10 dot something... :)

- Hans

Message posted by marktold on September-03-2004 at 4:05pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I just upgraded an very old iMac to OS 9.2

If you provide me with a link I will test it.

Regards Markus

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-03-2004 at 4:48pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

MAC OS 9.xxxx won't work. 10.xxx will. I was just curious to why this is or what the issues are that this may not work for OS 9.xxx. Easypano... Hello...

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by andrew on September-09-2004 at 7:48am
View andrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by andrew Search   Quote andrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
andrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
September-09-2004
11 Posts

Hi,

I've some trouble with Java now. But it isn't so simple that Sun Java doesn't work. I create tour with few different skins (different project)  4 of 5 work well on Sun, one don't. It's interesting that it was working well earlier, but after some corrections in content don't.

This is a serious problem. How could we   anticipate which Java (and wich version of it) is there on client side ? Should we test if and  which one Java is there ? And how we should do it ? How supply proper Java eg on CD version ?

Andrew

Message posted by andrew on September-09-2004 at 6:05pm
View andrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by andrew Search   Quote andrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
andrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
September-09-2004
11 Posts

Hi again,

I found why this one of my tours doesn't work. Error appear because in file name of  image was character from polish language - beyond the simple ASCII - Java try to read it  in UTF8 and can't. Now all my tours (4) are working well with Sun Java (1.4.1_07 and 1.4.2_05).

Regards,

Andrew

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-10-2004 at 6:06am
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi Andrew,

Yeah, I've also come across the language and font issu causing problems with non-english letters certain file names and fonts. Stay within these bounderies and all is cool. As far as I can tell, it's all right to add the foreign letters in text linked to tour as long as the file names are in eglish lettering. It cool that u found the error yourself.

So... u got'any tours to show us??

-------------

Message posted by andrew on September-14-2004 at 9:48pm
andrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
September-09-2004
11 Posts

Hi,

I've just return from my trip and recived  message. Thanks.

My tour is in http://www.navigatorvr.home.pl/start.html - this isn't production version yet. Please keep in mind that it is CD version, so files are not to small.

Regards,

Andrew

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-14-2004 at 10:53pm
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi Andrew,

are u useing a oneshot lens for this pano image??? I found it somewhat fuzzy... which considering the fact that it's a CD version... could be better. Also I think that the pull away from the Hotel spends to much time looking down the road rather then at the Hotel. Also the fuzziness of the image is quite pronounced due to the high zoom in effect. A bit more speed would hide that fact. Also the image seems to have a slant to it... were u on a hill?

Sorry if I seem critical... I'm not... just observant. At the end of the day, you want to sell this idea to the Meridian... I guess... and that needs a bit more tweeking to get that kinda business. Thanks for shareing.

rob ;-)

-------------

Message posted by andrew on September-15-2004 at 2:41am
andrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
September-09-2004
11 Posts

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your suggestion, it's helpfull. Yes, this pano was creating with one shot lenses.

Ones again thanks.

Andrew

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register