Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: customer feedback issues. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on September-22-2004 at 8:34pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi guys,

I thought I'd give back some customer feed back on TW. This guy bought a website and tour from us. http://www.wohnhauscelle.de It has a TW tour with six spheres of around 180 kbs, 8- 9 25 kb pics, 300x400 viewer, thumbnails, map and text. His site has been online for only a few weeks.

He's had customers note that the tour takes a long time to load useing ISDN. Even DSL can take a bit... Now I could take the file sizes down I know... however, TW does take a wee bit to download the files and can be quite unhappy until all files are loaded. So how does TW work then with data flow. I presume it loads progressivly.

He's asked if I can install some java that'll start to load TW into the cache when first entering his site... therefore preping TW.

His webstatistics also indicate that TW is the page most likely not to load.

He's debating now if the tour is more on a hinderance then a positive elment of his sales stratergy. I sold him the benefits of the tour quite heavily and he's putting me to task. I'm going to make a ptviwer based lite version of his tour now for dial ups and so that I can at least ensure a working tour parrallel to the TW tour.

Easypano. check into this! There have been a few comments on loading issues and similar. Be it Java related, wrong script, bugs, wrong operating system... there are just quite a lot of alarming issues that need some sorting. I'm staking my reputation with the local business community and need to have a well thought through software package.

To start, maybe you could sort some script for us guys that'll autodetect if TW required Java is available at target speed... start to download TW in the background on entering a homepage... some script that'll even tell conection speed... and other useful scripts for pop ups and the like would be greatly received from the community and would fit well into an archive for all to use. I'm sure we'd all add some further script to help ease the general work flow. These could be elements that could be built into TW.

Any other thoughts on the matter??

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by disjo on September-22-2004 at 11:50pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts

Hi phoenixrising,

I tested the tour for you, and I didn't  encounter any problems.

I have a 2Mb-ADSL connection, and the tour loaded in 5 seconds.

Did you e-mail EasyPano for this problem?
I once had problems with a tour of mine, and I emailed EP. They then asked me to send my tour to them and within a week I got a mail back, with 2 solutions for my problems.

disjo

Message posted by andrew on September-25-2004 at 2:20am
View andrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by andrew Search   Quote andrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
andrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
September-09-2004
11 Posts

Hi,

I also tested the tour and did't encounter any problem

It takes a moment to load, but it's fast enough. I have 640 kb ADSL.

Andrew

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-25-2004 at 10:21pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Thanks guys,

I know the tour works... it can take a wee bit of time to load... however, I believe that the main issue will be non DSL connections breaking off due to longish loading times on dial-ups or the fact that they don't have java installed or even don't allow java (which is the case for most German companies). We shouldn't forget that many many users are still on dial-up... which makes little sense to me.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by eagle on October-15-2004 at 8:10pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi phoenix,

Unfortunately not everyone has a fast connection yet. So, just like the years ago when the internet was in its infancy, developers were forced to shunt their creative juices and use images sparingly. And those images were kept small in filesize and dimensions. But over time, isp services have improved which allowed developers to use heavier and bigger images.

Eventually, we're all hoping, that this will be a non-issue in the future.

r,
eagle

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register