Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: png graphics Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Colorado360 on March-13-2005 at 3:38pm
View Colorado360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Colorado360 Search   Quote Colorado360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Colorado360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-13-2005
2 Posts
Is there a way to get anygraphic.png into the skin editor

Message posted by smooth on March-13-2005 at 10:41pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Is it not supported?

.png is becoming the standard because it is a free un-licensed format. Unlike .gif and of course supports transparency

.png (Portable Network Graphic)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Colorado360 on March-14-2005 at 9:57am
View Colorado360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Colorado360 Search   Quote Colorado360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Colorado360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-13-2005
2 Posts
The Help file conflicts with this??
      Although the skin image files may be in *.jpg, *.bmp or *.gif format, *.gif format is recommended as the skin images since transparent image effect is only available in *.gif format.
    *      It is not recommended to use *.bmp skin image files. If you have used them, they will be converted into *.png format when the skin is published by Tourweaver 1.25.

I was wondering if the program just didn't add the extention under file selection. I use a program, for buttons, frames etc that uses png for transparency but not gif, I use another program to convert image to gif and the results are blocky.

Message posted by DTX360 on December-31-2007 at 9:43am
View DTX360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DTX360 Search   Quote DTX360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DTX360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-31-2007
9 Posts

Somebody is going to love me for this!!!!

I spent 2 whole days trying to manufacture a gif file with transparency to overlay the virtual tour player. No attmept at making a curved transparency area was succesful, due to the blockiness associated with .gif files.

The png file was created perfectly with beautiful and smooth edges, but alas Tourweaver does not import .png files

Then I had a moment of madness, and inspiration as it turned out.

I simply renamed my .PNG file to .GIF and imported it in.

VOILA!!! perfect transparency, Perfect sharp edges.

I love it when a Plan comes together!!!! this now has opened up may more opportunities for me to use the software.

Hope the info is useful to people.

Cheers

Message posted by jordi on December-31-2007 at 10:27am
View jordi's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jordi Search   Visit jordi's Homepage www   Quote jordi Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jordi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
September-21-2007
110 Posts
yes, I will do love you if this is working!!

I've been having little quality since now, because my hotspots were gif that have not smooth edges, so I will try your experiment...

Thanks

-------------
visita3d.com

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on January-31-2008 at 12:03pm
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts
Posted this in another thread, but if you type in *.png and then enter in the browse window of TourWeaver, it'll show you any png's in that directory, which you can then use.  Seems they just forgot to put that extension in the file format list.  Works like a charm without having to rename the files to gif's.

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by RuddersUK on January-31-2008 at 8:01pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
FFS sake ive been going crazy for ages thinking why can't we use PNG yet! but.. do they work with ie 6 without any hacks?

Message posted by smooth on January-31-2008 at 11:51pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I don't think any of this is a hack as such. What happens on I.E 6.0? All the testing I have done so far regarding .png works A.O.K.

Easypano just need to add the .png file extension to the acceptable/supported image list.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register