Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Two tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on April-18-2005 at 4:17am
View Johan Gelderloo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Johan Gelderloo Search   Quote Johan Gelderloo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Hallo Forum

I am making a tour from my city. I like to show two different places in the town. One of the old city and one of the zoo.

Is it possible to implant a second tour with a link in to a tour?

Thanks Johan

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by phoenixrising on April-18-2005 at 9:24am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi there Johan,

welcome to the forum. Linking a tour, ie a website, via a tour is easy. All you need to do is either add a url hotspot in the tour or add a url link to the tour skin. You'll find a url link button for the skin under "tour button" when putting the skin together. The link will close the present tour and open the new "website" with tour. 2 tours running at once is not recommended as it'll eat up ur system resources and cause the screen to freeze or may even demend a restart.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on April-18-2005 at 9:59am
View Johan Gelderloo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Johan Gelderloo Search   Quote Johan Gelderloo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Thank You for the answer so quickly.

I do understand your answer.

So I need to hosts an other website? Something like www.zoo.nl?

What I like to achieve, in the main tour switch over to a new tour.

Iv try the url hotspot but it do not react to tourwaver-amersfoort.

Maybe wat I like to do is not passable?

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by gidget on April-18-2005 at 10:01pm
View gidget's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gidget Search   Visit gidget's Homepage www   Quote gidget Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gidget
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-06-2004
61 Posts

Hey Johan
read this thread,is this what your needing to do.
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=894&PagePosition=4 

Take Care
Mike (Gidg)

-------------
mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on April-19-2005 at 4:40am
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Thanks

Everybody has been very helpful.

When I am ready I led it know.

Johan

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on October-19-2005 at 3:54am
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

This is what I've made

http://www.jgfotografie.nl/Tourviewer_Tourviewer_Amersfoort.html

Tank you.

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-19-2005 at 4:54am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi there Johan,

nice tour. You may want to reduce the image/viewer size a bit. We've found that viewers with tours larger then 300x400 can cause some screen judder or lack of smoothness when turning. Ur images are reaching that limit on my XP SP2 1Gig RAM 2.1Centrino with good grafic card. Also u should allow a return button from Fotos. I tend to add a hotsopt on the foto to take me back to the pano I came from. It makes it easier for users to navigate. Also u should consider adding some controls and always add a help button so that new users don't get confused.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on October-19-2005 at 7:44am
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts

Thank you for your feed back. When I go to updat my website I'll think aboud your suggestion.

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by Johan Gelderloo on October-24-2005 at 4:58am
Johan Gelderloo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
April-18-2005
30 Posts
Still wondering the time it take to load the tour. Is it acceptable?

-------------
J.G.

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-24-2005 at 11:39am
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

It's acceptable to me... however... I have 6MB Broadband... so... hard to tell.

I've found that if I keep my image files @ 1400x700 with viewer @400x300 and images @100-150kb that I have acceptable loading times for 56kb connections. Broadband is still not used by everyone and the main reason u'd want to have tours is sothat they'll function for low bandwidth connections.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register