Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Java Plug-in 1.5.0_02 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by inter6300 on April-27-2005 at 6:25am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts

My Tourweaver 1.25 Tour is not working with Java 1.5.0_02 together with the IE 6.0.2 SP2

The same tour works on the same PC with Firefox 1.1

The same tour works with IE 6 6.0.2 SP2 and Java 1.4.2_07 on a second Computer.

Does anyone know about this Problem?

regards

Markus

Message posted by phoenixrising on April-28-2005 at 5:35am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi there Markus... I'm sure this issue has come up before... Somebody mentioned this was a problem. We downloaded this Java file and tested it with the sdame setup u have and it still worked. There was something else in the thread that I can't find off hand... not sure what the outcome was. May be worth asking Easypano and letting us know the results.

cheers Rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by inter6300 on April-28-2005 at 6:23am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
Hi Rob

Yes I remebemer also there was a thread regarding a similar problem. I sent the problem to easypano and waiting for reply and I will post the solution.

greetz Markus

Message posted by inter6300 on April-28-2005 at 2:32pm
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
The easypano support says:

It seems that JRE 1.5.0_02 will not allow spaces in file names from the web. Although it will locally. Note, that Frontpage etc. fills in any spaces with %20%20 etc and earlier versions of Windows and Java accept these address.

This has never been a problem before since it appears that only JRE 1.5.0 doesn't allow this. For example, "Easypano Test" will work on all other O/S and Java versions.

However when we introduce JRE 1.5.0, file names seem to have to be asypanotest" the %20 signs stop the viewer from working. So please rename the files and make sure there is no space in the file names.

If you still have difficulty viewing the virtual tour, would you please send me the URL link of your virtual tour? We will have a further test.

Message posted by phoenixrising on April-28-2005 at 2:38pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Wow... thats good info. I tend not to leave spaces anyhow and always use _ as a space. Habit I picked up from MAC. Thanks for the input Markus.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by callgary on May-29-2007 at 4:44pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
False alarm.  Client called back (the IT guy) after he realized the problem was his spam-blocker!  Good grief!  Its getting more and more complicated to deliver VT product.  Is anyone keeping a list of "permissions" and blockers we have to check?

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register