Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Comments of this virtual tour? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by hlehtine on May-02-2005 at 11:58am
View hlehtine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hlehtine Search   Visit hlehtine's Homepage www   Quote hlehtine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts

Just got this one ready, again in no time.. :) TW is a good tool to make these Virtual Tours IMO, despite all of it's faults..

Check it out:

http://www.360x180.net/panorama/sites/kuva05

Sorry, all texts are in finnish language, but you don't need them to navigate.. :) The tour is all about camera & photographic exhibion held here last week..

- Hans

PS. And Easypano, please do NOT drop Java support from TW2 !!!  If there is only one platform to use, Java is the way to go, at least for now..

Message posted by phoenixrising on May-02-2005 at 12:29pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi there Hans,

I very much like the tour. The images are of good quality (What set up are you useing???) and I like the Photostrips (though I only noticed the fact by chance) as well as your mouse overbuttons for the map, your use of "Please wait" and use of logos in the images. Very informative. What is the size of the viewer window... and the pano size in kb??

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by hlehtine on May-04-2005 at 3:10am
View hlehtine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hlehtine Search   Visit hlehtine's Homepage www   Quote hlehtine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on May-02-2005

Hi there Hans,

I very much like the tour. The images are of good quality (What set up are you useing???) and I like the Photostrips (though I only noticed the fact by chance) as well as your mouse overbuttons for the map, your use of "Please wait" and use of logos in the images. Very informative. What is the size of the viewer window... and the pano size in kb??

Thank you for your nice comments!

Well I have that usual Coolpix 990 & FC-E8 rig which I like very much, but image quality (or lack of it) is starting to bother me, because I want to do some full screen panos also.. in smaller size they work quite ok though..

Yeah those photostrips came to my mind.. it is explained in finnish there (that you can move panoramas AND photos), but of course you couldn't know that... nice that you noticed it.

The TW viewer window size is 760x550 (panorama window 500x360), I thought it quite carefully that it would fit to the browser with all menus and buttons enabled and in 1024x768 resolution. Those panorama files are between 400 - 500 kb, resolution is 2500x1250.

Ok, keep up the good work...

- Hans

Message posted by VT360 on June-02-2005 at 4:32pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Hi Hans,

The tour is excellent! I like the differnt hotspot icons you have while playing the tour and how each one has a browse over image.

Did you do all this just using tourweaver?

Are you doing 2 or 3 shot with the 990?

I've used the 995 but can't seem to get the pano quality that you have. Care to provide some tips? By quality I mean good resolution, clear, crisp.

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-03-2005 at 3:14pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

I agree with vt... very crisp images considering the cp990. Must be the finish light hahahaha. then again... I think it's down to the fact that he's useing large file sizes of 4-500 kb, a decent sized window and fairly large panos. I tend to limit the size of my viewer window to 300x400, panos 750x1500 and 100-200kb in size. I do this because many many people will have problems with my tours otherwise. Large file sizes need time to download... Larger panos and viewer windows can cause judder for those with small ram/old pc's.

If I were to use the similar parameters my panos out of my cp4500 would be at leat as crisp. I've also found that noise ninja (recently aquired) is a great great tool for panos and gives a very nice finish to my work. Sharp edges, no artifacts, good noise reduction. Well worth the small cost of ... erm... I don't even know anymore  

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register