Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Background commentary on a tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by cuetoyou on May-11-2005 at 1:59pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Hello everyone

Thought I would post this as a new topic, though it is related to an earlier post of mine about a Chateau tour on CD to be sold in a shop. Well it's all going ahead, I'm doing the panos slowly but surely. It's very dark inside the chateau, but some of the rooms have windows with sunlight and also lots of low voltage halogen lights, so I'm using Photomatix to generate three shot HDR's, and so far these are comming out okay I think (Nikon D70 can only bracket 3 shots at most, and it seems like a lot of hassle to mess around to get another 2 shots for a 5 shot HDR. My mother was right, I am a bit lazy at times).

Anyway, my question  is about recording voice for the background commentary. Now, I'm sure I can just go into a shop and pickup some software which includes a microphone and allows me to record voice straight to computer. But I just thought I would see first if anyone here has a favorite software application for recording voice. I have no experience of this and so I don't know if there is a good way and a less good way to do it!

Your thoughts will, as always, be very much appreciated.
Glenn

Message posted by Thomas on May-11-2005 at 4:05pm
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
This is my favourite:
http://www.edirol.com/products/info/r1.html

Another interesting system if you have a PDA like the Dell Axim with CF and SD slot:
http://www.core-sound.com/pdaudio-cf.html
You can also present your panos on the PDA with the G2 viewer from www.immervision.com.

Message posted by cuetoyou on May-12-2005 at 3:52am
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Thanks Thomas,

Very fine equipment I'm sure, but errrr, 10x more money than I was hoping to spend!!! Does a solution really have to cost that much?

Glenn

Message posted by smooth on May-12-2005 at 4:18am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I use a $50 Sony Personal Recorder and plug it into the "line in" of the sound card then use Audacity FREE to capture the sound file to whatever format you choose. I then use Microsoft Media Encoder 9 FREE to convert the sound file if needed for online streaming. Both products a 100% free and excellent software packages.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by cuetoyou on May-12-2005 at 5:35am
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts
You bet your ar$ it helps. Thanks very much Smooth, I shall investigate.
Glenn

Message posted by ajay on May-12-2005 at 5:56am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Glenn
If u intend to use sound in Tourweaver you will nedd to convert it to .au (8 bit) format
I use Adobe Audio but it is expensive. See this link for converting files to .au format
MyLink
Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by ajay on May-12-2005 at 5:58am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Sorry link not working - try this
http://eagles.chatserve.com/ipsounds.html

-------------
aj

Message posted by cuetoyou on May-12-2005 at 6:31am
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts
Thanks ajay.

Message posted by smooth on May-12-2005 at 9:47am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

In Audacity go to:

File>Preferences>File Format(TAB)>Uncompressed File Format(Drop Down)>AU (Sun/Next 8-bit u-law) Then you have the option to output from the File>Save As function.

This will replace the .wav option in this drop down! Of course you can reset it whenever you like to whatever you like.

Cost? Bugger all!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register