Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: My new Website, Do you Like Or NOT? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-05-2005 at 2:09am
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Looking for good honest opinions on my new website that I just completed.

Do you like or Not?

www.myvirtualagents.com

Message posted by RuddersUK on June-09-2005 at 3:24pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi, Like the site. This is ours we are about to launch in the UK.

www.virtualpropertyviewings.co.uk

Message posted by myvirtualagents on June-09-2005 at 8:21pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts
I like yours.  What kind of camera set up are you using with your virtual images?

Message posted by RuddersUK on June-10-2005 at 2:33pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
We have few cameras an set ups depending on what the job is. The real estate side we use a coolpix 4500 with an fc e8 lens. As all the images used on the site will be less that 100k each, this particular setup is more than adequate.

Message posted by WideEyes on June-11-2005 at 6:08pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi My virtual tour agents

I just want to pass along my comments on your site.

1) I really really like the design of your site. It is very appealing and it is easy to get a good overview of the site.

2) Try not to repeat your self. Already at the main page you repeat your self. When you write "wouldnt it be nice to show a listing in detail, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with extensive details?" then it is implied that that is what you are offering your customers. You are just repeating your self when you 2 lines below once again write that you  ...." show listings  24 hours a day, 7 days a week in detail..."  And then you write the exact same thing under "About us".

The reason why I emphazise on this is that it to some people will make you look unprofessional and it is so sad to loose customers because you anoy them before you establish a dialogue.

3) Your website is one of your primary channels of marketing. This is where you display your qualifications and show people why they should choose you to make your. I would therefore advice you to use your best work as exampels.  

I think it is a shame that the exposure of the 2 hemis are so different in some panos.

I hope you can use some of my comments.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on June-11-2005 at 6:12pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Repetition is good when you are reinforcing the concept of being able to see the contents 24/7.  However, over use of the idea might lead to the visitor saying "Sure I know that already".

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by WideEyes on June-11-2005 at 9:38pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi Dave

I agree that it is good to reinforce the concept of being able to see the contents 24/7, but I belive you can do this in other and more effective ways then by repeating your self.

All modern litterature often emphasize that you should be carefull of repetition. It often send one of two signals 1"hey you were probably to stupid to understand what I said the first time, so let me make it clear by repeating it" 2"I am a bit sloppy. I can't remember what I just said, so I will just say it again."

All in all it is bad communication skills to repeat your self. It is a waste of space and a waste of the readers time.  

Or at least that is just my oppinion :o)

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-  a newbie trying to improve

Heck I remember my old high school teachers pointing their fingers at me and making notes when I repeated my self in my assaignments.  

Message posted by virtualsv on June-12-2005 at 12:39am
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts

Great site! I like it.

While we are talking about websites I like the advice everyone is giving. Could you take a look at my site and tell me what you think?

http://www.virtualsv.com

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by 360texas on June-12-2005 at 2:18pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think these phrases all say the same thing.

Let your viewer see the product 24/7

Let your viewer see at their convenience.

Let your viewer see it all the time

Revisit this page later

Repetition is a good thing with variantions upon a theme.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register