Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Editing text in TW Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by WideEyes on June-10-2005 at 11:36pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hello everybody

I hope some one can help me. A customer have asked me if he can change the text in a virtual tour I have made fore him with Tourweaver. As far as I know he cant do that him self. As far as I have found out, I need to change the text and then send him a new copy of the tour. IS that correct or do any of you know how he can change the text??

Hope some one can help me.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by VT360 on June-11-2005 at 12:56am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

from my understanding, tw is just a way to customize the skin which is actually the "frame" param. and the "frame" is a gif or jpg (as i undestand it from my ptviewer knowldeg)

but tw outputs a config file that contains the name of each scene, the description, the jpg name, etc.  if you teach your client to replace the names on the config file, then yes he can. and then he has save and upload that file.

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-11-2005 at 10:01am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
A work around would be is to generate a picture as part of the template in a given size. Let the client write onto a photoshop gif and save/replace the new text image to the given TW folder. It ain't elegant... but it works. (Does mean he need to work within a given size... I've done this in the past by adding a second map... The map image template was double the size of the  map viewer window. However the map viewer window has a scroll function. that way the client has more space to write in, could even add a seperate photo and the user can scroll down to read/see more. The client will only have to replace the map image. They should be able to do this with something like PS elements which is cheap and easy for a non user to learn how to create the "text image".

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by WideEyes on June-11-2005 at 5:10pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi

Very good advice.

I am greatfull for your help. Please let me know if I can return the favor in any way.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register