Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: another use for TW Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RuddersUK on July-04-2005 at 6:02am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi, we have been looking in to other uses for TW and this is one of the results HERE We havent used an virtual images just an interactive map with hotspots to link to the full screen virtual images. Any comments?

Message posted by phoenixrising on July-04-2005 at 2:56pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
NICE ONE FELLA!!!  Great idea... I think that TW is a very good website bulider per se...

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by BigGreenFurryTh on July-04-2005 at 5:19pm
View BigGreenFurryTh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BigGreenFurryTh Search   Visit BigGreenFurryTh's Homepage www   Quote BigGreenFurryTh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BigGreenFurryTh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-07-2005
49 Posts
Stunning. There's obviously a lot of thought went into the planning and it shows. Certainly the best use of Tourweaver I've seen to date.

I was dithering over buying Tourweaver but your site has convinced me to take the plunge.

Mark

Message posted by phoenixrising on July-05-2005 at 3:56am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi there Mark,

one thing that many users forget is that TW has various other possibilities. Whilst it isn't a website builder per se... (The fact that the whole thing is Java applet based requires the user to have java enabled or loaded... otherwise no tour/website to see.) it is great for those with minimal/no html knowledge and will enable them to work around there html deficit by allowing them to pretty much build a site with links to other panos.

eg: lets say u have five panos. The starter TW site that the user visits has instead of panos 5 stills of the given tour with a text block explaining the tour and u can even use the thumbnail element to enhance this layout. Stills (as in the above mentioned site) can have hotspots linked to tours, websites and the like. Don't forget that u can load still images/url button to any TW site with url links to other places. Create mouse over effects by having the same button in different colours.

Realistically you will want to enhzance your html knowledge... however, TW is a good start into the Panoworld and whilst not 100% perfect... (what is??) it is pretty useful and has turned my pano business the right way round.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Thomas on July-05-2005 at 6:42am
View Thomas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thomas Search   Visit Thomas's Homepage www   Quote Thomas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thomas
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-18-2002
157 Posts
The map is a good idea. Did you put only the satellite image into Tourweaver and then creating the hotspots to the fullscreen pages? It sounds too simple to be true!!

Message posted by RuddersUK on July-05-2005 at 7:04am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
YES it was literally that easy. Just set your initial view point in a new movie and pu tyour hots spots and navigation. Didnt take more thatn 10 mins or so to put together and looks quite effective.

Message posted by BigGreenFurryTh on July-05-2005 at 6:21pm
View BigGreenFurryTh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BigGreenFurryTh Search   Visit BigGreenFurryTh's Homepage www   Quote BigGreenFurryTh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BigGreenFurryTh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-07-2005
49 Posts
Hi phoenixrising, come September I'll have been cranking out HTML for a decade so I have no fear of hacking code (though I'm finding the abandoment of tables and the use of CSS a little hard to adjust to. Old habits....

I'll come clean and admit that I was dubious about TW's simplicity. Call me a cynical old techie but I couldn't believe the software was that easy to use. A few recent tours mentioned in the forum and a quick play with the demo convinced me.

Better get on and purchase it before the dollar to sterling rate falls any more.

Mark

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register