Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Max Size of tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on July-10-2005 at 6:56am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Dear all I was wondering if anyone had any clues to this lil problem...

I'm making a tour and if I have too many still images and 0-360.com panos in it then some of my links work but when I click on some hotspots the images doesnt fade and switch to the one its supposed to yet the hotspots from the image thats supposed to come up appear. It seems that this problem in not changing to the new image but taking elements of it is linked to the number of pics within the tour. If i remove some and then add them again all is well.

Does anyone know the total size in mb of images before tourweaver goes a bit haywire like this?

Cheers

Message posted by Novel Gazer on July-15-2005 at 6:11pm
View Novel Gazer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Novel Gazer Search   Visit Novel Gazer's Homepage www   Quote Novel Gazer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Novel Gazer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
May-11-2005
9 Posts

I tried a 50 photograph layout, all large KB photos, cylindrical panos each, and its total at the end was around 28 MB total. It tested fine on my machine as well as on a number of other machines both from CD as well as over a network.

I tried adding sound to it as well, and pushed the total well over 40MB and encountered some problems with "Virtual Memory Minimum too low", but i dont know if that was tour related or a problem with the server I was running it on, or the system i was viewing it with.

hope that helps

-------------
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-18-2005 at 5:06pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

Thanks for that - it's good to know. I havent had the memory too low message so maybe it was just 'one of those things'

Has any one else had probs moving from one image to another?

Message posted by cuetoyou on July-18-2005 at 6:04pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Sorry in advance for sort of hijacking this thread, but it has given me something to think about.

As some of you may remember from a previous thread, I am (very slowly!) producing a full on virtual tour of a local castle which is inteneded for sale in the castle shop. It will run as a movie, without any buttons. This tour is going to be big, probably around 200 megabytes (just an educated guess at this stage). Lots of good quality spherical panos, stills and background music and commentary.

This thread has worried me a little. Does anyone think that my tour might simply be too big for TW to handle, or indeed for the average computer to run it smoothly?

How is a CD based tour run on a computer, is it all loaded into memory, or just the bit that is being displayed at the time? I'm thinking that there could be some big delays between one scene closing and another scene opening. How would this affect the syncronised background commentary? Perhaps this would be fine because the commentary will be synched in with the movie? So the commentary would therefore "pause" whilst the next pano loads from the CD?

Sorry for all the questions, but any thoughts will as always be much appreciated.

Thanks, Glenn

Message posted by phoenixrising on July-19-2005 at 1:31pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

why don't u just load as many images as u would (they can all be the same into TW and see if it works or not. 200MB is a very large size, I'll presume that this is due to having larger images/more kb?? If so u may want to test to what size TW will show the images withut screen judder. 200MB may cause memory issues... large images may cause judder for lesser PC's graffic cards. So a dummy run would be worth considering and should not cost much in time. You can even add hotspots to some pics and sound to see what happens. Doesn't have to be perfect...

I did a 19 image tour with lots of links... I came a cross a few bugs with the movie due to many changes and had to revert to an older version of the vtp file to recover some of the work.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by cuetoyou on July-19-2005 at 3:20pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Thanks Pheonix. Thats a good idea, I should probably do as you suggest before I go much further down the road with this.

Glenn

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register