Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: New tour test Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on July-13-2005 at 4:30am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all

Just wondered if people could test the following and let me know if you spot any bugs?  The low res version should 'hopefully' not be too painful for those modem users out there.

High res:

www.condottiero.com/willen_tour

Low res:

www.condottiero.com/willen_tour2

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by steiner on July-14-2005 at 12:10pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Uh oh - 29 views and no feedback.  Gulp!  Is the tour that bad?? 

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by smooth on July-14-2005 at 2:09pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Steiner,

Mate, I looked and it was fine.

Didn't come across any issues at all and I generally liked the tour. I don't go much on your buttons but the rest of your graphics are nice and keep in common and the general theme of your website.

I congratulate you on changing the name of the viewer window from the default "Skin" title. I would think you could also do better than having the applet positioned in the default top left hand corner with a waste of space around the rest of the page. I would also consider making the "radar" less prominent (make it more transparent) annoying things that they are!

These thoughts I would have kept to myself because some people believe it is whinging (which of course it's not!) It's an opinion...... An honest one.

Which we all entitled too!

No offence intended, a great job that could have some improvements to make it stand out from the masses.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by inter6300 on July-14-2005 at 3:28pm
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts

Hi Steiner

I like the layout of the skin. Gives me some new idea. The LeftRightUp.. Buttons are dominant, but so everybody should get the purpose of them. Where from did you get the buttons?

regards Markus

-------------
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive

Message posted by cuetoyou on July-14-2005 at 6:32pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

The low res works good for me (thanks for thinking of us dial up folks).

I particularly like the tripod cap (that sort of isn't a tripod cap and yet really is!?) in the first panorama. Really good idea I think, nicely executed.

The navigation buttons look nice to me. But a general question that has been bothering me for a long time: does anyone actually ever use buttons to navigate a pano? I doubt it personally. But everyone always seems to include them. Just an observation.

I agree with Smooth, it would be better to size the window and centre it.

Good tour.
Glenn

Message posted by steiner on July-15-2005 at 8:55am
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all

@Smooth - no worries on the constructive criticism buddy - that's exactly what I always look for and you should know by now that I'm not a fragile prima donna! 

Re. the centering/resizing of the window - I have programmed that in but you can only get that by clicking on the button located on the parent page in my personnal website (the tour isn't as yet live on the client site).

@cuetoyou: It's funny you say that, I have also been thinking about the need to keep buttons in the UI.  The only reason I keep them (and make them as large as they are) is mainly out of consideration for either elderly or handicaped users (although I'm sure such visitors will be greatly in the minority). 

Also - as the buttons have Alt tags (or Hints in EasyPano lingo) I'm 'hoping' they will be recognised by browser text readers so that the 'mousless' visitor will be able to navigate through the panos.  Actually - can anyone at EasyPano confirm this?  It's a pretty important accessibility issue.

@inter6300 - the buttons and the UI as a whole were created in PS (Photoshop) and simply exported as the usual slices.

Thanks again and please always feel free to offer suggestions (with me at least).

Cheers

Anthony

Message posted by Novel Gazer on July-15-2005 at 5:23pm
View Novel Gazer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Novel Gazer Search   Visit Novel Gazer's Homepage www   Quote Novel Gazer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Novel Gazer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
May-11-2005
9 Posts

I tried to use "JAWS" Job Access With Sound - a text to speech engine for disabled people browsing the internet, and found that JAWS could not read the tour. I know there are a few hundred disability access programs out there that might be able to "read" tourweaver, but i have yet to find any, or hear back from support at easypano.

I personally like to modify the tour movie as they show in the example tours that ship with tourweaver. This way, in addition to the leftrightupdown buttons i also include a play/pause button so the movie can be resumed. And yes, when i find VR tours i do use the nav buttons - sometimes it is nice to not have to click and drag a pano.

Sean.

-------------
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

Message posted by steiner on July-15-2005 at 7:47pm
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Thanks for the feedback Sean, I was afraid of that.  I'll have to do some testing to figure this one out.  Nice to hear from EasyPano on this as well.

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by Novel Gazer on July-17-2005 at 1:45am
View Novel Gazer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Novel Gazer Search   Visit Novel Gazer's Homepage www   Quote Novel Gazer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Novel Gazer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
May-11-2005
9 Posts

did you say you have heard from easypano or that it would be nice to hear from them... if you have heard, i am keenly interested.

do you know if the "hint" text is actually an "alt text" tag or just a java mouseover element?

Message posted by steiner on July-17-2005 at 5:18am
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

No sorry - just that it 'would be' nice to hear from them on this. 

EasyPano support - any ideas?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register